SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The P230 raffle is being cancelled
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The P230 raffle is being cancelled Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I'm reminded of The Grinch Who Stole Christmas. When the Who's wake up Christmas morning and celebrate even though the Grinch stole everything.

It's the spirit of the community not the gun that matters. Remove the gun and we still have the things that bring us here- A Great Community.

Thanks Para for giving us a place to hang out and a Great Community.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13386 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Seem like the anonymous attempt at ruining the fun is backfiring. And it is giving us the opportunity to give back to Para and the Forum. Feels kind of like the people running their mouths about Chick-fil-A and the response back from the community.

Thanks anonymous for spearheading this effort.

Thanks to Para and the mods for a great place.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3785 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Ladies and Gents, and non-gender conforming meat popsicles,

Thank you for your overwhelming response.

If you receive a short cut and paste response from me, it is because it is. It's not that I don't care, but because my life is more important than this.

I will get refunds out as soon as I can, but please be patient. This weekend I'm having part of my 100 year old waste stack replaced, and just in time. I mean my home, not _MY_ waste stack.

That's just one iron in my fire. If I don't respond to your email promptly, it's just because I don't like you, not because I'm busy. Wait, strike that, reverse it.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Thanks, arc, for all that you do for the forum and its members--despite the fact you don't like us Wink

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Hehe, he's getting his waste stack replaced, hehe

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
It's not so much that I don't like you, but we ain't datin'.

Arc.

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
Email sent.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1947 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't it always seem to go , that you don't know what you got , till it's gone

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54502 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
hee hee hee....."100 year old waste stack"....<snort>....

OK, deposit my USPMO "raffle entry" to help enable a "sensei fund" for sigforum administrative discretionary use...

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9849 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Bump for anyone who doesn't yet know

Arc.

posted Hide Post
bump

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54502 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Thanks to all who are contributing. If you wish to contribute, please make sure you get your donation to us no later than two weeks from today. That will be the week of Thanksgiving and arcwelder will be occupied with other things after that. No contributions will be accepted after 11/25. Thanks again.

lbj, please check your email

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Para. Thanks for clarifying that. I want to contribute but didn't want to sound stoopid asking.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
I thought I saw your email? I'm not sure, my inbox has been a disaster.

Arc.

Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
I thought I saw your email? I'm not sure, my inbox has been a disaster.

Yes, you did, however the cancellation happened before I could send in my money order.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
Bump for yet another inbound email to Arc to keep the donations going! Thanks to Para, Arc, and all involved for providing and managing this fantastic forum and the privilege and opportunity to be a part of it!

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spinnin' Chain
Picture of Expat
posted Hide Post
Email inbound to Arc.

Posts: 3238 | Location: Oregun | Registered: August 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Just making sure everyone has seen this in case you'd like your money refunded.

Arc.

thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
When y'all wrap this up, I suspect one of the metrics you'll publish is how many actually took you up on the refund. Maybe a few, but I bet it is a very small number!

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12350 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
When y'all wrap this up, I suspect one of the metrics you'll publish is how many actually took you up on the refund. Maybe a few, but I bet it is a very small number!

No, I don't think it's right to detail that in any way. Some people wanted refunds, and they're entitled to such. We will not be giving any information on how many or what percentage, or anything.

Many of the people who entered the raffle have not asked for their moneys to be returned, and more folks have simply donated now.

I want to make sure anyone who wishes their money back gets it.

Arc.