SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The P230 raffle is being cancelled
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The P230 raffle is being cancelled Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
This sounds like something the AG's office in my state would do that being Massachusetts. So many companies won't even consider doing business with honest gun owners. They're afraid of being sued by our AG and for good reason. I hope you folks can find away to make it happen unfortunately with states like Massachusetts, California, and New York.
It makes it tuff for the rest of the country. We have very strict laws here in Massachusetts we'ved learned to live with them. Thanks for para and this forum!

Posts: 380 | Location: masshole | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Sad to say I've seen this before on gun forums.

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
But news flash for Anonymous: You have changed nothing.

Actually, the cretin did change something. Two things: 1. As Para noted: I wouldn't be surprised if donations exceed what the raffle would have netted and 2. The forum still has the pistol it can auction, thus raising more capital.

So, yeah: The fun aspect of somebody winning the pistol and everybody seeing how they'd have CCR refinish it is out. But we're still havin' fun, anyway, and the forum comes out ahead Smile

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Paddle your
own canoe
Picture of BigWhup
posted Hide Post
I'll be donating, and YOU, prick with BB's for balls, can suck a camel's ass.

Gee, I hope that doesn't offend you.

Posts: 1552 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I think an auction style sale of the finished pistol would be a perfect end and a solid left hook to the eye of the pussy that did this. They’d have easy access to the auction process to the end and the inevitable dog piling that goes along with it.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Undertaker
Picture of BigCity
posted Hide Post
Para,
I am sorry that one bad apple can ruin everything. I did not enter since I refuse to get the HQL that Maryland requires before a handgun can be purchased.

Can you name the state that talked to you?

John

The key to enforcement is to punish the violator, not an inanimate object. The punishment of inanimate objects for the commission of a crime or carelessness is an affront to stupidity.

Posts: 1727 | Location: People's Republik of Maryland | Registered: November 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will be donating as well. I'm just waiting for the mailing info from Arc.
I think there was a problem with an old expired email address but I have corrected that.

Posts: 516 | Location: Ocala, FL | Registered: October 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
To Mr/Mrs Anonymous, I had previously entered the now canceled raffle.

I will "reenter" the canceled raffle a second time, and wish you a FU very much.

Posts: 19505 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thinking about this, I have a question: First, is it technically feasible (probably yes) to have certain areas of SIGforum that can only be read by members who are logged in? And second, would it be a good idea to do this?
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Good idea. It is possible for sure. A recent gun raffle here in Mississippi was cancelled. It was a chance to win an AR 15 to support a local school. No issues with the citizens, UNTIL John Q. complained.

There was a recent billboard on a major Highway advertising AR 15s. It stayed for months. The irony is that it was in the parking lot of the County Alternative School and the revenue from advertising went to the county school system.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Please consider the money order I recently mailed a donation to the Forum.

I will reply to Arc’s email stating the same.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1925 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
Email sent to Arc.

Posts: 11352 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather have luck
than skill any day
Picture of mjlennon
posted Hide Post
Arc, you have mail.

Posts: 1817 | Location: Fayetteville, Georgia | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
But news flash for Anonymous: You have changed nothing.

That was my first thought as well.

The asshat has not accomplished a single thing. The forum is going to get a bunch of donations, the P230 will end up in some member's hand, and we will continue along our way here without a single concern for the loser.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3839 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ewills
posted Hide Post
email sent to arc.

Would like to help out the best place to visit on the net....

Best,

EW

Posts: 308 | Location: NOVA | Registered: February 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Arc, email sent.

Posts: 169 | Location: Kearney, MO | Registered: October 18, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As others have mentioned — Personally, just considered the funds sent in support of the forum anyway. No refund needed.

Posts: 166 | Registered: September 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So we can sell, buy, trade and karma firearms on the forum, but some maggot has a problem with a simple raffle. Confused

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Para,

My offer still stands for whenever you want it.

Posts: 1053 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
My inbox has been slammed, THANK YOU everybody. If my response seems short and cut and paste.. well...

Folks who have requested refunds, they will go out, have no doubt.

Thank You, Everyone

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
I’ll e-mail arcwelder and advise him to donate mine to the forum. I’ve been enjoying and learning from this collective since January 2000, so my tiny contribution doesn’t even begin to give back for all I’ve gotten out of this forum. I check this forum pretty much every day, and even though I don’t comment much, this place feels like a second home. I’m a member of several other fora, but I don’t check those out anywhere near as much, sometimes going months in between. But I’d be lost without SIGforum... Thanks, Para, for all that you do to keep this thing going for all of us!

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1677 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post