SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The P230 raffle is being cancelled
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The P230 raffle is being cancelled Login/Join 
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Maybe as a third option, you could put it up for sale in a "bid" format similar to that used for that rare Sig a few years ago. Don't remember the model, but the one that 12131 ended up with.

Sorry to hear someone has so little regard for what you're trying to do here that they'd take this action.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12350 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vinnybass:
What the hell kind of small life does one have to lead to complain about such a thing?

I'm cynical enough to think that this was some chickenshit taking a calculated swing at the Forum, trying frustrate any attempt to raise money.

I've been here for a while and seen how this community has responded to other situations in the past. Here's what I think is going to happen: 1) nobody is going to want their entry fees back, and 2) R.I.P. Arc's inbox - I think there's going to be no shortage of donations to the Forum to follow, if Para and Arc will allow for it. I know that's not the purpose of this thread, but if I know this community, that's what it will want.

And to whoever made the complaint, you're going to get the exact opposite of what you wanted. Just sit back and watch.

-ShneaSIG

Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Really sad that we have weasels among us. I despise "anonymous".

I highly doubt it was an active member. It was either a former member who left in shame, or a lurker who is not a part of the community.

Either way, what a coward.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
That's a real shame. Petty, indeed.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Count my submission as a donation to the forum. I’m also one who believes that it is unlikely that the complaint was from a forum member. One who wishes to be anonymous is probably a lurker and a moral coward.

Dum Spiro Pugno

Posts: 174 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 24, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
Pretty petty move but it will not dampen the spirit that has taken on a life of it's own in this place. It will probably have the opposite effect.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5906 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
And just in case it is some lurker coward... not only will I still send the forum money, I will send that same amount to the NRA as well....

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
I would like to make a donation, para. Please let me know where to send it.

Posts: 8603 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happiness is
Vectored Thrust
Picture of mojojojo
posted Hide Post
Just contacted Arc to see how I can make a donation to the forum (looked in the raffle thread but the info was deleted).

That's complete bull and chicken shit. Some soy boy gets their panties in a wad about a raffle to support this forum? Fuck them. Tell me where to send my money please.

Icarus flew too close to the sun, but at least he flew.

Posts: 6705 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I see giveaways and raffles all the time online. I would think whatever legal hurdle presented itself would be easy to sidestep by perhaps accepting "donations" instead of selling the tickets and then giving away the pistol, or sell it for a buck (if it's necessary to show a transaction).

I can't possibly imagine what complaint someone might field or why someone would care, but evidently someone did.

There's always the potential for abuse, if donations are used instead of selling tickets, but I think the integrity of the membership here should negate that. I'm sure such options have already been considered, but I'd think it wouldn't take much to work around a legal obstacle by taking a slgihtly different route.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShneaSIG:
quote:
Originally posted by tigereye313:

If y'all decide to accept the raffle entry fees as donations I'd still like to send it along.

Same here.

Me as well. I’m fact I’m in for twice what I was going to spend on the raffle.

Para for over ten years this is the only place on the internet I return to regularly. I was an asshole for a lot of those years so I’ve burned some bridges but you never kicked me out and I’m very grateful. It would be my pleasure to donate some money for the privilege of membership.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:
And just in case it is some lurker coward... not only will I still send the forum money, I will send that same amount to the NRA as well....

Perfect!! Me too!

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
I too would like to donate if possible. Please let me know how I could do that.

Posts: 1768 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
Ahhhhhh glasshopper......there is no such thing as anonymous. If we really want to:
- file FOIA with said state official for all email and documents associated with said SJW.
- DOX and identify the SOB.....errr...SJW.
- see if any of our local brethren can have a "chat" with said individual. Wink

Actions have consequences.

Alas, SF will maintain the high road and let this pass.....but Oh to dream.......

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4561 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShneaSIG:
quote:
Originally posted by tigereye313:

If y'all decide to accept the raffle entry fees as donations I'd still like to send it along.

Same here.

Me too; was planning to get a money order this week to enter.

Posts: 3202 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
He probably got tired of seeing all of us smoking forking dope and decided to take action....

Truly is a shame to have some gutless wonder ruin it for everyone, but then again someone who'd do that will have zero pangs of guilt for being a flaming douche. Just the new world order of things.

Since it's the month of Thanksgiving, Para, let me say that I'm appreciative for the laughs and thought provoking conversations this forum gives me. I think it's the best bargain on the interwebs, even though PHPaul tries to say that would be all the nekked womenz websites.....

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So many mean-spirited people. Are their numbers increasing or are they just more vocal? I think a little of both. Dang! That just isn't right!

Posts: 516 | Location: Ocala, FL | Registered: October 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had completely forgotten about the raffle, life has been hectic lately.

If it's still possible, I'd still like to make a donation to this excellent forum.

Please post payment information.

Posts: 1803 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
hmmmm. i wonder what would happen if you put it up for sale and you got so many similar offers that you would have to decide which one gets the firearm and nobody wanted a refund....

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
RATS. FUCKIN RATS.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post