SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    .
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

. Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Guys, you have to verify such stories before you post them. If it's only one site, what is that? A story like this? On one site only?

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107487 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
So now when you do a search--this friggin' thread comes up. Crap!

Posts: 13231 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Oh brother! Sorry folks!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38642 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
IBTL!!!! Big Grin

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Verify

V-E-R-I-F-Y before posting

Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Sorry, Boss

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38642 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by steve495:
Maybe lock the thread?

It's a FAKE website people.

Leave it open and see who actually reads the thread.....

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13397 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It took me less than 90 seconds to sniff this out. You guys have to develop these skills. You have to become skeptical in the face of such announcements.

Whether or not you post links to news items, you, for your own sake, have to become skeptical in the face of sudden announcements such as this. If it's on one site only, what is it? It's bait, to make you click on some fake shit site, and spread it to others, so that they will click on some fake shit site. Don't help these people with their deceptions.

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Impossible

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Whether or not you post links to news items, you, for your own sake, have to become skeptical in the face of sudden announcements such as this.

+1

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
My lawn....get off of it

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29682 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
Sorry, Boss
I'm glad to have the opportunity to once again reinforce this to you guys. Since I know that you will be much more careful in the future, 6guns, don't sweat it.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
http://www.factcheck.org/, for those who don't trust Snopes

The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
For someone like Clint Eastwood, all one would have to do is take a peek at IMDB real quick.

It's not even a particularly interesting death either. Guy is like 89 years old, if he dies, that's just what 89 year olds do. They don't even need a reason. Such lazy spoof "news".

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The death of Mister Eastwood has everything a story wants: We have a universally known movie icon. Not only is he an icon with universal name recognition, he's known for playing powerful characters, so that his death is not a fading of frailness, but the fall of a lion. In addition to this, Eastwood has espoused Conservative views, sometimes in dramatic fashion (the empty chair), which makes him politically controversial. This story has it all. Click bait heaven.

Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
Chuck Norris won't allow this to happen.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
reminds me of the time the so-called legitimate news agencies accidentally released the news of Reagan's death, years before he died.

anyone remember that? They said they were testing how they were going to handle his death, news-wise and someone hit the 'send' button.

Of course, Para is right, these days it's about click bait, and I heard the Clinton Pizza-gate fake news of last fall made the author over $10k. there's big money to be had in fake news.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10900 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
So basically click bait?

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37950 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
No, not 'basically', not 'kinda'; click bait, definitively. Ten ways from Sunday. Pure fabrication from con men.