SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Saying goodbye to an old friend.....
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Saying goodbye to an old friend..... Login/Join 
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
You have my condolences.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear this. Peace and strength today.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12746 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
My sympathies. I let my 17 y.o. Pup go right before Christmas. I still haven’t mourned.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5284 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Prayers said and sent for all of you.

Posts: 3698 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
My sincere condolences.

Posts: 1204 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Very sorry to hear. Remember all the good times with her. It's ok to laugh. When the time is right, find another pup, not to replace her, but because you have the love and capacity to have another pup in your life.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
I can relate to what you're going through, we put our Lizzie to sleep yesterday. For some reason this week has brought on a lot of friend's dogs having to go.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3388 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
So sorry. Frown

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by UTsig:
I can relate to what you're going through, we put our Lizzie to sleep yesterday. For some reason this week has brought on a lot of friend's dogs having to go.

My sincere sympathies. Frown

Posts: 809 | Location: Georgia | Registered: August 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by irreverent:
My sympathies. I let my 17 y.o. Pup go right before Christmas. I still haven’t mourned.

Frown

Posts: 809 | Location: Georgia | Registered: August 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't burn
the day away
posted Hide Post
Very sorry,
“It came to me that every time I lose a dog, they take a piece of my heart with them, and every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are.” –Anonymous

Posts: 2074 | Location: Worcester County, MA  | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
My condolences. Savor the good memories and try to forget the bad.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
Sympathies to you and your family. Tough days....hang in there!

Posts: 1768 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
My condolences to you and your family.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
You have my sympathy. I just went through it and it's heartbreaking.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
It kills me to open these type threads having gone thru the experience of my beloved animals that have passed. My heart goes out to you and yours that experience the pain of loss. You have my sincere condolences, it never ever gets easier. The time spent with them is precious. Frown

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all of the kind replies!

It is done and she went peacefully......

Ending her pain was the best thing we could've done to repay her for the love she showed to us since we adopted her...or she adopted us.

Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
So sorry for your loss! I can only hope that in time, you'll be up for adopting another pup (or letting him/her adopt you). It sounds like your "furkid" had a wonderful home/life with your family and that giving another pup such a fine opportunity would be good for all involved. Prayers sent for all of you.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
I am sorry to hear about your pending loss, it's just so hard to handle but the right thing for the animal.

Stay strong my friend...

Posts: 3848 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
I'm very sorry, my friend. I know the pain all too well myself. I'm praying for your peace & comfort.

Rest assured she'll have many friends on the other side.

Also, my condolences to UTsig & irreverent. It's a hard thing indeed.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5473 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post