SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Does this sort of hybrid watch exist anywhere but in my head??
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does this sort of hybrid watch exist anywhere but in my head?? Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
A hybrid analog/smart watch.

A true analog watch that has a translucent screen that can display text messages and caller ID.
Not a digital watch that has the ability to have a digital face that looks like an analog watch. Preferably all metal with a metal bracelet.

I really miss wearing a true analog watch but I have also become spoiled by having my texts and caller ID displayed on my wrist.
With nearly all I do at work being recorded pulling out the phone is not really practical as friends and families names and numbers will become public record. Though sometimes folks are calling me and it be work related so I need to know who is calling.
The smart watch makes this much easier as I just rotate my wrist and I know who is calling or texting and it does not make it to the view of the camera.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
Analog face and a small digital screen?
Yes ... and no.

- digital screens often hard to read in daylight
- battery life in analog in watch mode is great. Maybe 5-7 days with digital display enabled?
- uses a smartphone to connect via bluetooth, for msgs, music, etc. Some have GPS display as long as phone connection is active.

Garmin Vivomove
Skagen
Withings
Fossil

Mondaine Helvetica USD 500

Maybe the Nevo watch? US$100

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words
posted Hide Post
Breitling Exospace B55 (EB5510H11B1E1). $7685.

Posts: 293 | Location: Northeast Oregon | Registered: March 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
The Fossil Hybrid HR.
I am getting one for Christmas from the wife. It uses eInk for the display and it is a sharp looking analog.
Link

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3576 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kdgrayson:

Saw one on display the other day. Beautiful watch. Dared not to ask for the price... thanks for the info.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12090 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:

A bargain at only $6,070.00 at PrestigeTime.com.

Free shipping.

I should order a bunch for stocking-stuffers, and maybe a few for karmas here. Razz

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Out of those options the Withings looks the closest to what I am wanting.

The Fossil would not be bad if it actually had numbers on the face.

The Breitling would be first choice but I am having a difficult time convincing my wife to let me buy a Land Cruiser for $3500 so nearly double that for a watch, yeah not so much.

It would appear what I am envisioning does not exist.
As these all have two screens visible at all times. I would prefer the crystal to be a translucent screen that when not displaying anything one would not really know it is a screen.

————————————————

posted Hide Post
https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/U...3562/pn/010-01850-AC

Other than the metal band which you could probably switch out.

Posts: 5406 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
A bargain at only $6,070.00 at PrestigeTime.com.
Only $4,975 from Amazon...

Posts: 7244 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
A Land Cruiser for $3,500? Is that just for the left wheel and radiator or something?

Lol.

I’ll go halvsies with you on the Breitling and we can just swap it back and forth quarterly or something.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16263 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gpbst3:
https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/U...3562/pn/010-01850-AC

Other than the metal band which you could probably switch out.

Not bad.

quote:
Originally posted by BurtonRW:
A Land Cruiser for $3,500? Is that just for the left wheel and radiator or something?

Lol.

I’ll go halvsies with you on the Breitling and we can just swap it back and forth quarterly or something.

-Rob

It is a 1992

————————————————