SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Please keep us in your prayers. My beloved wife diagonised with stage four cancer and is now in hospice care.
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 19
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Please keep us in your prayers. My beloved wife diagonised with stage four cancer and is now in hospice care. Login/Join 
posted
I never thought I would write this here. Never. A week ago Saturday my wife of 58 years was taken to the hospital with respiratory problems and was diagnosed yesterday with cancer
all through her body. The prognosis is not good and she started receiving hospice care yesterday, immediately after the diagnosis.

Sigforum has been like a family to me for many years. We have shared our joys and our sorrows and I just ask that you will think of my family and especially my wife. Thank you.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Gutpile Charlie,

"If you think everything's going to be alright, you don't understand the problem!"- Gutpile Charlie
"A man's got to know his limitations" - Harry Callahan

Posts: 9249 | Location: Indian Territory, USA | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
And say my glory was
I had such friends.
Picture of Hunthelp
posted Hide Post
Prayers up.

"I don't shoot well, but I shoot often." - Pres. T. Roosevelt

Posts: 1941 | Location: Chandler, AZ | Registered: June 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
Keeping you in my thoughts.

Posts: 12178 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Consider you and your family lifted up, sir.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My thoughts are with you and your family, stay strong.

Posts: 2016 | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Praying for your wife, you and your family.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Prayers and good wishes sent for the both of you, Charlie.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15476 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Immediate prayers inbound.

I'll also keep you and your wife in my prayers this Lenten season.

Posts: 13047 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
Prayer said, Charlie, and wishing for the best for both of you.

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2103 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent.

Posts: 5694 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Your family is in our prayers

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear this Charlie. You, your wife and family are in my prayers.

Posts: 26893 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
You and she, most assuredly in my prayers.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43867 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
Thinking of both of you...

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
I am terribly sorry, G.C. You all will be in my thoughts.

-ShneaSIG

Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Charlie - you and your wife are in my thoughts - terrible news

very sad for you

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife.

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4929 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
Prayer for your family

Posts: 3546 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
very sorry to read of that. prayers up for you, your wife and your family

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is the easiest request to fill, consider it done;

Posts: 66 | Location: Boca Raton FL | Registered: April 13, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post