SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Pawn Stars “The Old Man” dies.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pawn Stars “The Old Man” dies. Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted
This makes me sad.

Pawn Stars patriarch Richard Harrison dies at age 77
https://dailym.ai/2ImAEql

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12329 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
I thought he was older than 77. I liked his role on the show because he added a sense of reality to it.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fly High, A.J.
Picture of tk13
posted Hide Post
I'd have guessed him to be much older than 77.

ETA: Jimbo beat me to it.

Posts: 1647 | Location: Suffolk, VA | Registered: March 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One of the few shows I regularly watch. Hadn’t seen him on the show in a while. Interesting guy.

Posts: 4763 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dude must have lived a hard life. He looked 80 when the show started. RIP.

Posts: 2484 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigwagon:
Yup, I figured hes be late 80s today.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I think we all thought he was older.
RIP Old Man.

Posts: 22904 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
While his original enlistment in the Navy was a little less than honourable (stole a car when he was 17 and given a choice), the Old Man ultimately served 20 years. Thank you for your service and Rest In Peace.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
I don't know a lot about dead guys. I've got a buddy who's an expert about dead guys.

RIP

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I wanna go home
Picture of jeeperxd
posted Hide Post
RIP I truly enjoyed watching you on the show.

Posts: 1202 | Location: Pa | Registered: December 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
He suffered a stroke a year or so ago and more or less retired to a quiet life with just family. His health was not good the last few years.

A shame that he's gone. I bet he could have written a heck of a book about his life experiences.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
I'll bet the Old Man has some cool stuff in his personal collection. RIP!

Posts: 1812 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I watch the show sometimes ,
its very apparent when he is talking and when "The show" is making him talk.

He might have been a good guy to know in person.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54633 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG228:
I'll bet the Old Man has some cool stuff in his personal collection. RIP!

He was into buying silver and gold as often as he can.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19658 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10937 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigwagon:

It was all those chicken wings he ate.

Posts: 13020 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Seemed like a cool guy. I have not watched the show in a long time but I enjoyed it and him.

I always enjoyed when they would head to the range with some cool toy they picked up.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15254 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post