SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Woke companies? Okay to list?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Woke companies? Okay to list? Login/Join 
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted
Wondering if it is okay with the boss if we list woke companies, ones to avoid and not spend our money at. I hate to help the people fiscally that blame me/us for everything wrong with the USA Today. If allowed, don't get into a crazy diatribe, just kindly list these companies to avoid. If not okay, Para please lock or delete. Thx

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10895 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I posted one several months ago. Didn't go how I thought it would.

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
I posted one several months ago. Didn't go how I thought it would.

Okay. It's just getting so crazy now. I'm sure the boss will lock it if it's still a bad idea. I don't want to cause any problems for sure. Thx

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10895 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
I would like a list of shitty companies and a list that expressly support conservatives/2A...

I am trying to rid myself of all the shitty ones.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:
I would like a list of shitty companies and a list that expressly support conservatives/2A...

I am trying to rid myself of all the shitty ones.

AFAIK, the ones that are hard to avoid are mostly just big tech. To be fair, I don’t think MS has weighed in yet, but I’m still not a fan of them for all the normal reasons.

Those who forget the pasta are condemned to reheat it.

Posts: 1552 | Location: SF Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Yeah, it just might be easier if you named off the companies that were NOT woke.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5024 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheOtherDave:
AFAIK, the ones that are hard to avoid are mostly just big tech..

Sadly, the not-tightly-wrapped brigade includes a lot of non-tech, too. The tech ones are getting airplay as they are impacting communications, but there are others just as bad.

Example: In the runup to the last election, there was a fru-fru outdoor apparel maker (Patagonia) that was putting out ads on their own dime trying (and failing Smile ) to elect the (D) Senate candidate here in NC.

What might be useful would be a table: "Avoid/woke" on one side, and their "Good to Go/non-woke" direct competitors on the other.

Posts: 15001 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bassamatic:
Yeah, it just might be easier if you named off the companies that were NOT woke.

If that's the case, then we can do that as well. We've deleted anything to do with Amazon in our home. I just cannot in good conscience support companies that hate me and the once traditional American values.

FBLM LGB!

Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
This seems fairly comprehensive

http://www.investingadvicewatc...mpanies-Boycott.html

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by feersum dreadnaught:
This seems fairly comprehensive

http://www.investingadvicewatc...mpanies-Boycott.html

This is excellent. Thx. I've not seen this before.

FBLM LGB!

This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^ looking at that list, there’s no point in living in the modern world. Just sell off all your worldly possessions and go live in the woods eating berries and ground squirrels. Sheesh.....

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5745 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Yeah, that list is surprising. Duck Duck Go is listed as pro liberal yet they are touted here on the forum as a search engine to use. Well, back to the drawing board on that one.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5024 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ugeesta:
^^^^^^ looking at that list, there’s no point in living in the modern world. Just sell off all your worldly possessions and go live in the woods eating berries and ground squirrels. Sheesh.....

This, right here.

The “approved” list would be a lot shorter and easier to figure out.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4023 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Their approved list is damn small. Approved list of companies

I don’t see how a boycott does anything. The more effective way to tackle this issue would be to find a way to endlessly badger a company for its leftist decisions. Take a play from the progressives playbook and run with it. Sitting back and just ignoring those companies does nothing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21074 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post