SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Another Proud Father
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another Proud Father Login/Join 
posted
I have to admit that after reading MRBTX's thread on his daughter's significant achievement of receiving her chemistry degree, I said to myself "I need to spread the good news about my daughter as well!"

I too had a daughter graduate this past weekend. Micah received her Doctorate from Lipscomb University's College of Pharmacy this past Saturday in Nashville. Her long hard road of 7 years of college (3 years undergrad and 4 years pharmacy school) is finally over! Now she is studying hard for her boards and as soon as she passes those and is a licensed pharmacist she has a job waiting for her with CVS. She has interned with CVS for the last 3 years and eagerly accepted their job offer in a store close to home when it was offered to her last fall. She will move back in with us for a while (Good News!) so that she can get busy paying back her student loans (Bad News!). But that will come a little easier since her starting salary will be more than me and my wife's salaries added together, and then some! Of course I'm just a high school teacher and my wife is a Dental Hygienist so those salaries aren't that hard to top!

I will attempt to post a photo of our family with our accomplished graduate. I hope it works out. I usually have very little success trying to post photos.

cid:C2B6D871-0CFC-41B8-B091-D1C1A8D868D4

There's no feeling quite like being a Proud Papa!

Posts: 375 | Location: The Dark And Bloody Ground | Registered: July 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
Congrats to your daughter for her hard work. I'm very aware of the reputation of Lipscomb University, as I've lived in Nashville for virtually all of my 56 years.

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
There's no feeling quite like being a Proud Papa!

You said it! Congrats to you and your daughter, looks like several of us had great family days recently. I know you are proud.

Posts: 3594 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
Congratulations

Posts: 6956 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! A hard earned degree and a J. O. B. !!

Posts: 3435 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Facts are stubborn things
Picture of armedprof
posted Hide Post
Awesome.

There in nothing like seeing your kids succeed.

Do, Or do not. There is no try.

Posts: 1786 | Location: Just South of Charlotte, NC | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post