SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    New Hollywood Reporter Cover Celebrates "Triumph of the Beta Male"
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Hollywood Reporter Cover Celebrates "Triumph of the Beta Male" Login/Join 
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted

https://newswars.com/new-holly...mph-of-the-beta-male

New Hollywood Reporter Cover Celebrates "Triumph of the Beta Male"

The front cover of the latest issue of the Hollywood Reporter celebrates the “triumph of the beta male”.

The photograph features male cast members from the HBO comedy series Silicon Valley, the fifth season of which will be broadcast later this month. The show centers around five nerds who form a startup company.

Although the headline applauds “the triumph of the beta male,” the rest of the article doesn’t really address the issue and is mostly a review of the series so far.

Respondents to the article questioned the accuracy of the headline.

“Women prefer real men. Billionaire beta men can (temporarily) get hot women with all that cash but the women will end up cheating them. It’s called biology,” commented one.

“This is an unintentionally funny info-mercial spot for that allegedly new kind of man who is not so much the reformed alpha-male being as he is simply the techno-cogwork conformist, i.e. he who advertisingly corresponds to the totalizing imperatives of our increasingly self-commodification-based society,” added another.

“Ahh yes a show about a group of socially awkward nerds constantly fumbling their opportunities despite having the best tech in the industry. So triumphant,” remarked another.

As we highlight in the video below, from the #MeToo movement, to commercials, to culture in general, young men appear to be being indoctrinated with the idea that being weak and effeminate will help them get ahead in life and relationships.

Combined with constant lecturing that they need to keep their “toxic masculinity” in check, this has led to a dramatic loss of confidence amongst young men and the rise of sub-cultures where some are giving up on women entirely.

A recent survey found that almost 25% of US millennial men think that merely asking a woman to go for a drink is a form of sexual harassment.

However, whenever women are asked if they prefer stereotypically “beta men” or alpha men, they almost always choose alpha men. Women are also more likely to be attracted to masculine men during the fertile part of their ovulation cycle.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Perfection is impossible,
Trying is not…
posted Hide Post
That picture, with their hands where they are, disturbs me...

"Isn't it weird that in AMERICA, our flag & our culture offend so many people - but our benefits do not"

Posts: 516 | Location: OKC | Registered: October 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I'm sure the women are lining up for that. Roll Eyes

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
I absolutely buy this. Women are naturally drawn to limp-wristed, low sperm count, low testosterone metrosexuals that make Niles Crane look like Rambo.

Posts: 8615 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lakeray:

Yeah "reach-around's" Smile

Posts: 1804 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
Someone has to be second place. If telling themselves that second is better than first makes them happier, I'm good with it.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
“This is an unintentionally funny info-mercial spot for that allegedly new kind of man who is not so much the reformed alpha-male being as he is simply the techno-cogwork conformist, i.e. he who advertisingly corresponds to the totalizing imperatives of our increasingly self-commodification-based society,”

Wow, that's exactly what I thought when I looked at this pic too....

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
dude with the glasses looks a bit surprised LOL

Posts: 23403 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:

Surprised because this is probably the first time another human being has ever touched him below the waist.

Posts: 4622 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diversified Hobbyist
Picture of Steve 22X
posted Hide Post
quote:

Guy in the orange has LONG fingers Smile

-----------------------------------
Regards, Steve
The anticipation is often greater than the actual reward

Posts: 2463 | Location: Wylie, Texas | Registered: November 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve 22X:
quote:

Guy in the orange has LONG fingers Smile

And, guess where his left hand is...

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
This shit doesn’t even work as satire or humor, it’s just pathetic.

Posts: 13740 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No good deed
goes unpunished
Picture of cheesegrits
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
I absolutely buy this. Women are naturally drawn to limp-wristed, low sperm count, low testosterone metrosexuals that make Niles Crane look like Rambo.

Nope. Instant turn-off, at least to me and all the other Southern women I know. Perhaps some liberal Yankee women are into that. IMO the only thing worse than a liberal beta male is the knuckle-dragging mouth-breather who thinks I can't drive a manual car and that I want to buy a pink gun. Big Grin

Posts: 2680 | Location: The Carolinas | Registered: June 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yup. Where are their pajamas?

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diversified Hobbyist
Picture of Steve 22X
posted Hide Post
The guy in the orange is also the guy who does those annoying 'drop the mike' Verizon commercials.

The wife and I always question who would even consider using Verizon based upon those commercials.
I guess we are just too old to get it.

-----------------------------------
Regards, Steve
The anticipation is often greater than the actual reward

Posts: 2463 | Location: Wylie, Texas | Registered: November 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
So, the ability to buy a whore is "triumph"?

Because that's what they're saying. Rich guys get girls. True. They're called whores. Poor guys get them too, it's just a matter of trim level. Rich guys get the Bentley, while the poor man pounds a Yugo; but in the end, regardless of the price, it's still cash for sex. It's not exactly a new phenomenon.

I guess I've got a really different definition of triumph than Hollywood does. Then again, these are the same guys that lose $10-20 million on a film ten times in a row, and then crow like a rooster about the one film that made $30 million.

But hey, whatever blows their hair back.

Posts: 10740 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmanic:
quote:

Yup. Where are their pajamas?

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24073 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by saigonsmuggler:
quote:
Originally posted by lakeray:

Yeah "reach-around's" Smile

Circle ummm "reach around". Eek

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
What leftists are telling you is that they will tolerate you only if your stature in society is reduced and you start acting like these little... whatever they're supposed to be.

The only "triumph" in any of this is the Left convincing men that this is how they should behave. Yeah, we'll see how that goes.

Posts: 107507 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
I lost testosterone just looking at that.

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post