SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Footage released of shootout between an armed robber and the bank’s security guard
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Footage released of shootout between an armed robber and the bank’s security guard Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
It was nice of him to collapse and bleed out outside.

Posts: 186 | Registered: December 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
This day keeps getting better and better!

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
Saw this yesterday and probably watched in 20 times.

Just a great video all around

Posts: 5071 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I love the showmanship of pointing his pistol at the ceiling as he made his grand entrance.

BTW, looks like the BG had a S&W 5900 series pistol.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107489 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
I've a few times posted the Youtube of a Chicago LEO who survived 15 shootouts, so I won't link it again, but he says that in every one he fired one handed and did not use his sights. So, at the range I make sure to do at least a couple of mags one handed and point and shoot. Of course it's much easier to limp wrist and get a stovepipe firing one hand. But if you practice, it's really not hard to counteract that tendency.

Do you think people actually are NOT using their front sights, or is that using the sight just doesn't get remembered?

I've heard discussions where people don't remember drawing their gun. Perhaps under stress, we simply tend not to recall actions taken which are muscle memory.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
There have been a few videos recently of BG's trying to use guns around good guys. Glad to see the good guys win again.

Alway fun to watch good guys with good training deal with punks with no idea how to use a gun.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16391 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
Looks like Stop, Drop and Roll doesn't work so well for gun fire.

Nice job by the guard.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
Looks like Stop, Drop and Roll doesn't work so well for gun fire.

It works so well in the movies.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 45 Cal:
Those two teller boys dropped a load in their pants,the guard is a cool dude.

Watched as one stayed in his cubby while the othe walks over a slowly use his foot to casually close the swinging door. Neither looked interested in helping the guard.
While they got their phones out, it doesn't seem 911 was called.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
Better angle below. You can see the results of a round penetrating his body and vest, look for the white insulation to appear on the killified's back, and falling to the floor behind him, at 20 seconds.

Interesting how the counter tops became a factor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9PoABSOqUo

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Awesome, score 1 for the good guys!

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
The departed:

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
quote:
While they got their phones out, it doesn't seem 911 was called.

every bank I have dealt with had a alarm button that goes right to the company. Dialing 9-1-1 can take some time depending on the PSAP location.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Harrison is a former Winnebago County Deputy.

not just your regular mall cop. Looks like he's retired. Good for him his skills were still there.

I'm glad no customers were there. I wonder how it would have turned out if there were customers present. But I'll take this ending.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19645 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rsd1220
posted Hide Post
F idiot. Guess Einstein didn't find the banks that don't have a visible armed guard posted.

__Phase plasma rifle in the 40-watt range__

Posts: 1113 | Location: Pangea | Registered: June 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
And they say a pistol is not a good man-stopper.

I would like to ask the perp his opinion, but since he collapsed and bled out in the doorway, that's not going to happen.

Righteous shoot. That perp was dangerous.
As Special Agent Utah would say: "I hope it was worth it"

Posts: 1781 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know the caliber pistol the security guard used?

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Wow. I watched the video before I read the article. My first thought was "that guard has some experience" not necessarily because of the shootout but the way he went up to the robber after to secure him. I'd say him being behind the half door was good for him it gave a little cover when everything started. Also like how his "tap, rack, bang" looked second nature; he didn't seem to take his eyes of the threat, cleared the weapon, and came back up firing with two hands on target. The dipshit crumbling half way out the door was the icing on the cake. Smile

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Icabod:
Neither looked interested in helping the guard.

Here’s an important little safety tip: If a professional has just been in a gunfight with a bad guy, don’t go running up to “help” him. In this case the guard seemed pretty squared away, and even checked the area to ensure there were no other threats and to break any tunnel vision, but many officers would be very tense and jumpy after an incident like this and would not appreciate being approached from the rear. Call to report the incident and watch from a distance but don’t “help” unless it’s obviously needed or requested.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post