SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    New words you have recently added to your vocabulary...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New words you have recently added to your vocabulary... Login/Join 
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted
My latest addition is 'circumcopulating'. I got it from this forum, but don't remember exactly where. It sounds much nicer than 'fucking around'.

Do you any that you would like to share?

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Wanna Missile
Picture of tanksoldier
posted Hide Post
quote:
New words you have recently added to your vocabulary.

Giggidy...

"I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight."
GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Posts: 21542 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: January 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
"Congratudolences"

My wife and I have been married for 42 years. I am an asshole. My wife is a saint. Therefore, on our anniversary my friends extend their congratudolences: Congratulations to me for keeping her, condolences to her for having to put up with me.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15180 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OMG !!!

Jim

Posts: 1344 | Location: Southern Black Hills | Registered: September 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pons asinorum

Latin, bridge of donkeys

Less is more.

Posts: 3995 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
High standards,
low expectations
Picture of Surefire
posted Hide Post
Pusillanimous- coward.

The short form or slang of this word is "pussy", and therefore has NOTHING to do with women, despite their objection to the insult as targeting them.

The reward for hard work, is more hard work arcwelder76, 2013

Posts: 5252 | Location: Edmonton AB, Canada | Registered: July 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Yellow Jacket
posted Hide Post
I've reached the age that I am losing words in my vocabulary, not adding new ones. Frown

God's mercy: NOT getting what we deserve!
God's grace: Getting what we DON'T deserve!

"If the enemy is in range, so are you." - Infantry Journal

Bob
P239 40 S&W
Endowment NRA
Viet Nam '69-'70

Posts: 1099 | Location: Fayette County, GA | Registered: April 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Midgetosis

What my step daughter (the Midget) gives you, some of it is airborne, mostly attitude

Posts: 5299 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
ammoholic

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TRshootem
posted Hide Post
Ballisticrat

If they don't like firearms...they can't be in my party Smile

Posts: 1320 | Location: Montana | Registered: October 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Surefire:
Pusillanimous- coward.

The short form or slang of this word is "pussy", and therefore has NOTHING to do with women, despite their objection to the insult as targeting them.

It is more like cowardly and ineffective, all wrapped up into one. It is an adjective, not a noun. So you would say, "Chamberlin was pusillanimous in his dealings with Hitler."

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
High standards,
low expectations
Picture of Surefire
posted Hide Post
Of course, but like other insults, adjectives become nouns. I should have wrote it as "cowardly", but don't get hung up on that, consider it a typo.

For example: stupid. "Hey, stupid, get your ass over here!" it's now a noun..

The reward for hard work, is more hard work arcwelder76, 2013

Posts: 5252 | Location: Edmonton AB, Canada | Registered: July 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
...."yes dear".....oh, wait .....HOW recently did you mean???

Posts: 9849 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Stochastic – Randomly determined; having a random probability distribution or pattern that may be analyzed statistically but may not be predicted precisely.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8851 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
Flippy.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5284 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conductor in Residence
Picture of Maestro
posted Hide Post
I just heard the term "bumping uglies" for the first time, and I'm giggling uncontrollably.

Posts: 3674 | Location: Tampa Bay, FL | Registered: July 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Craptastic.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post