SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    New Trans Am series
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Trans Am series Login/Join 
posted
Would there be any interest in a stock body Trans Am series with new Camaros, Mustangs and Challengers?

Posts: 22 | Location: Pittsburgh  | Registered: October 02, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You mean like Pirelli World Challenge GT?

Posts: 2479 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jolman:
Would there be any interest in a stock body Trans Am series with new Camaros, Mustangs and Challengers?

Under what marque? Pontiac as a brand is defunct.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Captain Morgan
posted Hide Post
I love Trans Ams. The 78 and the 88s are my favorite body styles. If I only had the money.

Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 3862 | Location: Sparta, NJ USA | Registered: August 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post

If I am every rich....

Look at my email if you are curious how much I love F-bodies.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
only if it's rear wheel drive.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10905 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
He's talking about a race league, not the car.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigwagon:
You mean like Pirelli World Challenge GT?

Yep, I wish cable coverage was better...

Posts: 5130 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
quote:

Did ever once mention the word “Pontiac”?

Posts: 22 | Location: Pittsburgh  | Registered: October 02, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Lighten up.

fpuhan isn't the only one here who thought you were talking about a new 'Trans Am' car for purchase. I thought that was what this thread was about, too (like the new retro-styled Camaros, 'Stangs, and Challengers). I don't know jack about racing leagues, nor do I care to. I do like drooling on sports cars, though.

There has been discussion here before about them - I believe Burt Reynolds also had a series of Camaros chopped into 'Smokey and the Bandit Trans Am Special Editions.'

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21839 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Still talking about the car, Hound Dog. That's not what this thread is supposed to be about.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Google I
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Google is your friend. Google “Trans Am series”. The Pontiac was named after this racing competition

Lighten up.

fpuhan isn't the only one here who thought you were talking about a new 'Trans Am' car for purchase. I thought that was what this thread was about, too (like the new retro-styled Camaros, 'Stangs, and Challengers). I don't know jack about racing leagues, nor do I care to. I do like drooling on sports cars, though.

There has been discussion here before about them - I believe Burt Reynolds also had a series of Camaros chopped into 'Smokey and the Bandit Trans Am Special Editions.'

Apparently it still is a thing!

To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
LOL I was a young kid in October 1968 at Pacific Raceway in Kent Wa. Is was the final race of the year for the 68 Trans Am series during the Heyday of the series. I will never forget the sounds those little V8 made in the above 2.0 liter class.

Posts: 2679 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SCCA, sports car club of America, still has a trans am series.
http://gotransam.com/transam101/TA2-Class/59344

I have not been involved for years, looks pretty strong on the web

Posts: 476 | Location: Greensboro, NC | Registered: November 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
He's talking about a race league, not the car.

Oops. I still want a new Trans Am please. With a giant screaming chicken on the hood.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by eltonr:
SCCA, sports car club of America, still has a trans am series.
http://gotransam.com/transam101/TA2-Class/59344

I have not been involved for years, looks pretty strong on the web

thanks for that link, I had thought TA had gone back to mostly imports, Vettes and/or dried up

I used to watch it , and CART racing as much as I could,

back when Boris Said, Tommy Kendall etc etc were the 'top names' in the series,

then I think Chevy pulled out first, then back in , coverage seemed to drop off and I lost track

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
Back about 10-12 years ago Ford built a series of Mustang GT 350's for gentlemen racing. It had a sealed motor built by Rousch with a full roll cage and racing shocks with the interior stripped.
I had a chance to shake one out then and thought it was pretty well put together. I think the series ran for a year or so but haven't heard anything recently.

Porsche does this now with their GT4's and if you have enough money (and are good enough) you can get one of their 911 Cup's too.

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6311 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 08 Cayenne
posted Hide Post
I had a 1976 TA with a 400 small block and 4 speed. It was a beast. Also had a 1980, it was a dog.

Posts: 1580 | Location: Ohio | Registered: May 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nojoy
posted Hide Post
Only if there’s a market for it. I have the last year Pontiac made it. Pewter 2002 WS6. LS1 engine,
6 speed manual. The pop up head lights are the best part.
Smile

Posts: 1292 | Location: Marysville, WA 98271 | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are Roger and Mark participating? Razz

Posts: 2539 | Location: KY | Registered: October 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post