SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Before I buy a lawnmower lift ...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Before I buy a lawnmower lift ... Login/Join 
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
I roll my Honda pusher over on the side away from the carb, remove the two blades, and head to the griner.

Posts: 10785 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:
I roll my Honda pusher over on the side away from the carb, remove the two blades, and head to the griner.

Sorry, couldn't resist. Wink

Posts: 107554 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
H.O.F.I.S
posted Hide Post
I use my 10000lbs. Rotary two post lift.

"I'm sorry, did I break your concentration"?

Posts: 1513 | Location: Above water | Registered: September 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
I use my 10000lbs. Rotary two post lift.

See? Now we're talking. It's about having the proper tools for the job. I use my forklift. Big Grin

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15714 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cparktd:
61" ZTR here. Weight 1400 Lbs.

24" lift floor jack under front.
Jack stands for safety.
Carpet scrap to lay on.
Cordless impact to zip blade bolts out effortlessly.

Edit to add:
As for using ramps... On a three blade deck, two blade bolts end up over the ramps and gets in the way of my impact driver. I used to have some ramps with removable ramp slopes. Those might work.

I found a lift point and used my floor jack, problem solved. Never thought about the ramps with removable slopes, though I have regular ramps. Thanks cparktd.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8673 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Shoot, I use my floor jack to lift up my 54" zero turn all the time. There is plenty of room to reach all three blades just use a block on the jack.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5038 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:

Yea, but it captures the moment perfectly. I'm gonna be laughing at that picture in my mind all day.

Posts: 8673 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
I was in Tractor Supply the other day and noticed they have several models of mower lifts on sale. We use a floor jack on our JD Z960 and slide an 8x8 under for safety

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:

Damn typos. I remember that classic movie, even the Griner brothers.

Posts: 10785 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Whur yew goin', city boy?! Razz

Posts: 107554 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I tilt it on its side. Confused

What kinda juggernauts are you fellas using for your lawn?

I also just tilt mine on it's side to drain the oil, clean the underside and R&R the blade but I have a ordinary Honda lawn mower. The OP was describing a fairly hefty lawn tractor.

Posts: 1571 | Location: SW PA | Registered: November 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HayesGreener:
I was in Tractor Supply the other day and noticed they have several models of mower lifts on sale...

I like the idea of those, but can't give up the space for a tool that will only be used a few times per year. So, I either use the jack or just lift one end of the mower by hand and block it up, depending upon if I've had my Wheaties. Smile

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2066 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cycler:
quote:
I tilt it on its side. Confused

What kinda juggernauts are you fellas using for your lawn?

I also just tilt mine on it's side to drain the oil, clean the underside and R&R the blade but I have a ordinary Honda lawn mower. The OP was describing a fairly hefty lawn tractor.

I've been tipping mine on the side for years, but this time the sideways position apparently tripped the cut off switch, and it wouldn't start after I righted it. Besides, the tipping and balancing that heavy machine by a length of 2x4 was always a little dicey to being with. If it falls over something gets broken, if it falls back down on my arms, my arms get messed up. I'm too old for doing stupid things anymore just to save a few bucks. Esp if it's dicey AND expensive. But when it comes to working underneath cars and trucks, I don't take any chances, and everything I do is backed up by a secondary support, even backup jack stands for primary jack stands. For some reason I can't stand the thought of being crushed under a vehicle. Most backyard mechanics apparently don't feel the same way, or have more faith in their jack stands they bought from walmart.

Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spike86:
Floor jack under the front frame
^^^Yep.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post