SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    CCW Renewal Fee
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CCW Renewal Fee Login/Join 
Vote the
BASTIDS OUT!
Picture of yanici
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigmule:
$100 in mass and about to the max allowed wait time....45 days.
And due to that fact, we get a “coupon” upon renewal from the town/city permit leo, sayin we paid the tax,( so as our rights are not infringed upon and we may continue to buy merchandise.)

I go free this time in MA because I'm in the over 70 year old crowd. I just missed the freebie the last renewal.

John

"Building a wall will violate the rights of millions of illegals." [Nancy Pelosi]

Posts: 2409 | Location: N.E. Massachusetts | Registered: June 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just checked my expires in 2022. I hope they don’t change things.

Thank for the update!

Posts: 921 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
It's $45 for 7 years in Florida. $30 for retired officers. No re-training required. I just renewed mine on line and it took less than a week to get the new card. Pretty slick system.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
It appears I will be paying 25 here in Tx when I go renew mine. I will get a veteran discount. Although they offer a honorable retired peac officer discount of Free. Don’t know if they will recognize my NC credentials....

But whatever. I can spot them 25 bucks

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11275 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Renewed by mail in 2018 (also had option for online) for $50, no revisit required.

Posts: 27949 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
Last time I renewed it was 50 bucks for 5 years. IIRC, that charge has been lowered to $5 for 5 years.

Unless they changed it, to renew, just go to the county office and fill out the application.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
Just renewed this month in California.

$90 for the 4 hour class and shoot
$77 for the DOJ and Sheriff fees.

Every 2 years.

Posts: 7422 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an
opportunity to STFU
posted Hide Post
Renewal in Michigan is $105 or so. Good for 5 years. The original was that much plus another $120
or so for the training (depending if you bring Ammo or if includes in the cost of the
Training.

Never be more than one step away from your sword-Old Greek Wisdom

Posts: 2294 | Location: SE Mich-- USA | Registered: September 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by greco:
Renewal in Michigan is $105 or so. Good for 5 years. The original was that much plus another $120
or so for the training (depending if you bring Ammo or if includes in the cost of the
Training.

Did not like that when I lived in Michigan. I took the course at Top Gun in Taylor, paid for that and then paid for the license. Had a helluva time getting finger printed as I'm missing a part of my trigger finger.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Michigan

My last renewal was easy. Five minute wait at the county clerks office. $105, a small C/C processing fee and two weeks later here is the renewal.

There was talk of making renewals a part of the Secretary of State's responsibility. That would be a total shitshow considering the lines and wait times there already and the "improvements" that have been made to their operations.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8100 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Killer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by armored:
quote:
Originally posted by Gene Hillman:
In the great state of Illinois, a renewal requires a four hour refresher course including a proficiency shoot, plus a $152.00 fee to the state.

I believe its 3hr renewal course and no shooting required.

Correct on the 3hr class, but you have to shoot just like when you got your permit initially.

Posts: 321 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: December 10, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tinyman
posted Hide Post
Sure glad I don't live anywhere you folks live -- Alabama (DD-214) costs zero. It's a one-year and on paper but for $1 they will laminate it.

Roll Tide

Tinyman

Stupid people are like glo-sticks.
I want to shake the shit out of them
till the light comes on

Posts: 315 | Location: Leeds, Alabama | Registered: August 28, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wife and I just renewed ours yesterday in DeKalb County, GA. Cost $32 + $1 for 90 day extension on current license for each of us, so $66 total.
Good for 5 years. Took about 15 minutes with their computer updates, picture, and signing forms.

NRA Endowment Member
USAF 1958-1970
Master Instructor 1969-1970
Georgia Gun Owners Member

Posts: 237 | Location: Atlanta, GA, USA | Registered: February 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigmule
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nismo:
Just renewed this month in California.

$90 for the 4 hour class and shoot
$77 for the DOJ and Sheriff fees.

Every 2 years.

Dang man. That’s highway robbery comparatively.

Posts: 2330 | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Rogue and Blackguard
Picture of FPNunes
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HayesGreener:
It's $45 for 7 years in Florida. $30 for retired officers. No re-training required. I just renewed mine on line and it took less than a week to get the new card. Pretty slick system.

I was amazed when I sent my last renewal in on a Monday and it was in Friday's mail. Pretty painless way to do renewals.

And not to rub it in, but you Illinois and California guys sure use the word "great" funny. Based on your account of how your states administrate renewals, it seems like "the state that likes to do you dry" might have been a bit more appropriate. Fellas, it is time to move...

Save the whales. Redeem them for valuable prizes...

Posts: 1556 | Location: Missing New England everyday | Registered: March 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
and this little pig said:
posted Hide Post
Blackmore - I'm with you for the same reasons!!

Posts: 3399 | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
In PA it's $20 for 5 years. My wife just renewed hers a couple weeks ago. We walked into the county courthouse, went to the sheriffs office, where a deputy checked the computer, took my wifes picture & printed out the permit. We were out of there in about 15 minutes.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post