SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    CCW Renewal Fee
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CCW Renewal Fee Login/Join 
posted
Had a pleasant surprise last week when I renewed my CCW. In the county that I renew in they waive the fee ($55.) for veterans. Well done Medina.

Posts: 69 | Location: Northeast, OH | Registered: October 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Denny220:
Had a pleasant surprise last week when I renewed my CCW. In the county that I renew in they waive the fee ($55.) for veterans. Well done Medina.

Very nice.
I just renewed mine last year and didn't think to ask. I'm not even sure I knew about it.
Is this all of Ohio?

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In Ohio

"Senate Bill 81 waives the concealed carry permit fee for active duty military and retired and honorably discharged veterans". It went into effect last October.

Posts: 69 | Location: Northeast, OH | Registered: October 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happiness is
Vectored Thrust
Picture of mojojojo
posted Hide Post
No such benefit in NC. It's a $90 application fee for new CCW license. I know since I just paid it.

Icarus flew too close to the sun, but at least he flew.

Posts: 6723 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The fee waiver is just for renewals not first time licenses.

posted Hide Post
Yeah... Well that may change. DeWine is turning into Kasich and becoming a bleeding heart.

We were all set to have the permitting process scrapped by HB 178 (I think). That apparently has been put aside and probably will not be taken up.

HB 178 was going to give us constitutional carry, remove the training requirements and allow you to "stand your ground" (again, if I am not mistaken on the stand your ground language).

I am not a vet and had to pay $55 this summer to renew in Fairfield County (may have only been $50, don't remember exactly).

The "Boz"

Posts: 1531 | Location: Central Ohio, USA | Registered: May 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
In NH it's 5 years/$10 though one town has even chosen to waive that.

Even though we have Constitutional Carry, I still want the P&R License for reciprocity and FTF sales.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3445 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In the great state of Illinois, a renewal requires a four hour refresher course including a proficiency shoot, plus a $152.00 fee to the state. This does get you five years.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Gene Hillman,

Posts: 1499 | Location: S/W Illinois | Registered: October 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Denny220:
In Ohio

"Senate Bill 81 waives the concealed carry permit fee for active duty military and retired and honorably discharged veterans". It went into effect last October.

Renewed mine May 2018 so that's why.
5 years and I'll renew again but it may be gone by that time. Who knows.
Glad you got your fee waived.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Each of our 56 Counties a bit different, but my home County waives the $50 fee to retired LE. I have my LEOSA approval but get the State CCW as it allows for quicker gun sales with the Federal form.

Appreciate the waiver for sure.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
$43 for 5 years in az.

Posts: 2211 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
TN fee wasn't too much more to get a lifetime permit, so I did that last time I was there. Figured it's worth the money if I don't have to sit in the DMV waiting room again...

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SF Jake
posted Hide Post
Connecticut renewal is good for 5 years and is a $70 fee. My current permit expires in 2/2024.....I will NOT be renewing mine as I fully intend to retire and move in 2022! Can’t wait to get outa this State and NEVER return!

Posts: 3119 | Location: southern connecticut | Registered: March 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SPWAMike0317
posted Hide Post
Allegheny County, PA (Pittsburgh) - $20 for 5 years.

Let me help you out. Which way did you come in?

Posts: 717 | Location: North of Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: January 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigmule
posted Hide Post
$100 in mass and about to the max allowed wait time....45 days.
And due to that fact, we get a “coupon” upon renewal from the town/city permit leo, sayin we paid the tax,( so as our rights are not infringed upon and we may continue to buy merchandise.)

Posts: 2330 | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Lifetime in Indiana costs just a little more than a renewable. Not sure what current price is as I've had mine since 2007 and they've gone up. Mine was $70 iirc.

I've had a permit since 1978. Back then they were just called gun permits and you had to have a demonstrable reason for obtaining a permit. Write a letter to the state saying why you needed it and I had an interview with the county sheriff. Had to renew every 4 years.

Posts: 4695 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gene Hillman:
In the great state of Illinois, a renewal requires a four hour refresher course including a proficiency shoot, plus a $152.00 fee to the state.

In the greater state of California, it's a four hour refresher ($120), quick 10 rounds at 10 yards, and $80+ at the county sheriff for background. So, $200 every two years.

For newbies, it's eight hours in my county ($145, range) $120 LiveScan background, and $80-100 for county sheriff background. So, $350 and good for two years.

P229

Posts: 3823 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
$50 in Oregon. Renewed last week.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5396 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
My sheriff charges the absolute minimum and waives any extra fees. I believe my last renewal was $35 or so for 5 years.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gene Hillman:
In the great state of Illinois, a renewal requires a four hour refresher course including a proficiency shoot, plus a $152.00 fee to the state.

I believe its 3hr renewal course and no shooting required.

Posts: 4622 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post