SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Dana Delivers- Join or Donate to the NRA!
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dana Delivers- Join or Donate to the NRA! Login/Join 
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
But to whom is she speaking?

Who actually thinks she's doing anything but preaching to a fraction of the choir?

And if she's just basically preaching to the choir, then what's the point, really?

I believe she is speaking to the large, quiet, herd of conservative/independent folks who wander through life oblivious to the obvious. The silent majority so to speak, who while they may have some mainstream or conservative views, they haven't really had to face, be personally involved, or been affected by the growing unrest.

Yes, they may already be a faction on the periphery of the choir, but their myopic daily routine or willful ignorance insulates them from how real it is and how serous it is. I won't call it a call to arms, but more of a "call to awareness".

It seems dramatic, over the top, and unnecessary to us and those like us but we aren't the audience. We are already aware, we already understand. There is a battle being waged for hearts and minds of younger generations and this sort of message may not work for everyone, but it will appeal to some who are still at a stage where they haven't made up their minds, haven't really thought about the issues involved, haven't really decided which way they are going to go.

Like it or not, we have become a sound bite world and you have but a brief moment to get someone's attention, state your message, and try to sway them to your way of thinking. Half the people in this country are driven by emotion and I'd rather their emotions lead them to the right then the left.

I don't see it changing the mind of any pro-2A, pro-constitution/nation of laws, conservative person to decide to switch sides. The outraged left aren't going to change and if this makes them a little more outraged I consider that a plus. I think the time has passed for for the right to always take the "high road" trying to compel folks with bland and boring logic and reason.

I have no problem with using the left's style and tactics of outrage, emotion, and visual stimuli to get someone's attention long enough to hear our message. If it makes some folks wake up, think, and decide to be a little more aware and a little more involved in what is going on in this country then it has value.

I'll also tell you this, like it or not there are a lot of women who will not listen or care about the ravings of any man trying to bring them around but who WILL be entirely responsive to the exact same message when it is presented by a strong and independent woman. What is the fastest growing segment in firearms purchases? Women.

Focus on the message, not the delivery. Is the message accurate and on point? If it is, why knock the production and tear it down? I swear, just like the Republican Party and the open-carry vs. concealed carry "debate", we are sometimes our own worse enemy spending time and effort infighting over internal differences when we should be circling the wagons and fighting the exterior threat we all are facing.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10924 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
We just have to fight the antis with the Taint of Triumph.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107464 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post