SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Dana Delivers- Join or Donate to the NRA!
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dana Delivers- Join or Donate to the NRA! Login/Join 
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
As long as it pisses the left off, I'm fine with it.

In fact it's OUR turn to ramp up the rhetoric to 11.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34107 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Haven't been a fan of Dana Loesch since the campaign last summer. She was not just another "I'd rather not have Trump" person but she went after him with a vengeance. Megyn Kelly had her on almost as a regular to bad mouth Trump and to do whatever they could to derail the Trump train.

Didn't work out, did it Dana? Where would be right now if you had your way?d

More HERE

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5035 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
The NRA could produce a video with nothing but Kittens and Puppies, with Baroque music in the background and the left would take issue with it.

"They are using Kittens and Puppies to further their cause."

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10905 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
we can always go back to Wayne...

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
The NRA could produce a video with nothing but Kittens and Puppies, with Baroque music in the background and the left would take issue with it.

"They are using Kittens and Puppies to further their cause."

yep that was my thought, it doesn't matter who says it or what is put out by the NRA, Right, Trump, simply doesn't matter, they are going to attack so as Bruce said, stay on message, stay vigilant and never give up our position.

Posts: 23393 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
I'm an NRA member because it's another thorn in the side of the progressive left. They have a lot of members, a lot of money, and a lot of lawyers who are on our side.

But Dana was a constant critic of Trump, often appearing on Kelly's show.

My bigger problem is with Wayne La Pierre. I can't imagine a worse representative. On television he always comes across as defensive, back-against-the-wall, and angry. Next time you see him on tv, turn the sound off and just watch. Television is a visual medium, the images are the story. Sound off-- just watching him-- how does he make you feel?

But the ad in question: I thought it was good. Keep in mind that a lot of America that watches just the MSM really has no clear idea of the violence of the left. This ad is not just rabble-rousing. It is information for a lot of viewers.

I think the ads that work better, featuring women, are those that are more personal and close to home. Everyone knows that robberies, rapes, home invasions, muggings, and so on, are real and it is easy to show-- some NRA ads have done this well-- that the police cannot protect you. So, you need to be prepared to protect yourself and those you love.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
We can do much, much better, in terms of "our face" or "our voice".

Like who, LaPierre? He needs to go! She can be boisterous but she can compete with the left one on one.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
She fancies herself as a Megyn Kelley sort.. cute, media darling, TV and Radio "personality", etc., and I've no love for any of that type no matter which side they're on, plus she was anti Trump, and so on.

No, she sort of sucks, really, cute or not.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
She fancies herself as a Megyn Kelley sort.. cute, media darling, TV and Radio "personality", etc., and I've no love for any of that type no matter which side they're on, plus she was anti Trump, and so on.

No, she sort of sucks, really, cute or not.

NOT a Megyn Kelly sort -- just the opposite. Her beauty is not just skin deep, her philosophy is conservative and honest, as opposed to leftist self-serving cynicism dished up routinely by the likes of Kelly.

So she didn't like candidate Trump. Neither did I, preferring candidate Cruz by a country mile. Like a lot of conservatives, I got on the Trump Train after the convention. You can bet that Loesch, like I did, voted Trump last November. How long are you going to punish those of us that had to "settle" for Trump but would've enthusiastically voted for Cruz? Are you going to let us all unite together against the GDCs, or are you going to continue to piss on us forever? Trump is what we got. Now we stand four-square behind him -- or are you also one of those who wrings his hands and whines about meanie tweets?

No, she does NOT "sort of suck". She kicks ass. She's pushing hard to support 2A issues and your freedom, yet you think she "suck[s]". Good grief. How about supporting the effort, rather than trying to help the GDCs by poking holes in it and belittling the messenger?

Really, what's the issue? Are you intimidated by strong conservative women? Do you think a woman can't be physically beautiful without also being a self-serving leftist bitch in disguise?

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Intimidated? Don't be silly. If you like her and her approach/delivery and message, fine. I don't think she's accomplishing anything but preaching to the proverbial choir, so sure, I guess she's a decent cheerleader for our side, if you're into that. I'm not, and have no real use for such roles and personalities.

I doubt she's adding any new folks into the mix, or changing anyone's minds, and none of her content is original, etc. So she's what, a female Rush-like character, pot-stirring sort, who primarily focuses on gun topics? I/we already know and understand these topics, so who is she really talking to anyway?

But, whatever. I've expressed my opinion, you've expressed yours. It's nothing personal and we don't have to agree.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SapperSteel:
Really, what's the issue? Are you intimidated by strong conservative women?

Ah, the old "if you don't agree with me, you must have a tiny penis" argument. Really? That's all you've got--the same argument as the anti-gunners? Wow. [Slow clap]

quote:
Originally posted by SapperSteel:
She's pushing hard to support 2A issues and your freedom...

Yeah, I've seen the "check out my boobs and buy Carry Guard, or I shall scowl at you harder" ad.

Look, I get that she makes some folks tingle in their special place, for her looks and/or because she made the leftists mad. I just fail to see how either of those promotes the 2A. Did she attract new members? Are HPA and/or CCW reciprocity any closer to passing because of her actions? If you think the answer to either question is "yes", then please elaborate. I'm not seeing it.

I suppose there is a place for cheerleaders and pep rallies, but they don't do anything for me. I'd rather see outreach.

Posts: 516 | Registered: October 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Trophy Husband
Picture of C L Wilkins
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3200 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Herknav:
Yeah, I've seen the "check out my boobs and buy Carry Guard, or I shall scowl at you harder" ad.

.....{snip}...

I suppose there is a place for cheerleaders and pep rallies, but they don't do anything for me. I'd rather see outreach.

On this point I have to agree. I heard her on the radio long before I ever saw her on a screen. Put it this way, if you've only heard her, and not seen her, you wonder how the hell she got her own radio show. I pictured her in my mind as an unattractive hideous woman with an ax to grind. Just not much there IMHO.

Now that I've seen her on video, it all makes sense. Sorry to say.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10905 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The "clinched fist of truth"? Damn, who writes this stuff?

Reminds me of the "Fickle Finger of Fate"

The dental work of defiance

The pancreas of persistence

The intestines of intensity

The liver of Liberty!!!

She's angry and she's using cheesy rhetoric. This obscures the truth that she speaks in that ad. It's a distraction.

What's the message in this from the NRA? We're pissed off and we're in the middle of a writer's strike?

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
Anger, even wielded properly, is still a blunt instrument. But it can and does motivate those that are more easily influenced. Why else would it be against the law to incite to riot? It’s because some percentage of a populace is going to react to it.

The rhetoric is a direct result of the limitations of this blunt instrument.

Anyway, I like a little cheese, but not Canadian cheese, ‘cause I don’t like Canadians.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of awa762
posted Hide Post
I've always liked the video linked below. I work in the community setting and visit poor areas all the time. I feel that she is speaking from those places.

All of the different views and speakers are each a little mosaic tile. You might not like their color and image (speaking aesthetically, and/or from the feel of the persona of the speaker), but someone else will, and they are required to allow the big picture to become apparent.

Dana is a hottie, but she acts like she has a penis and set of balls. She also doesn't stand out as a speaker who has much depth. However, I do like and welcome her message. The images were potent, and they do illustrate how hot and divided we are becoming as a nation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-6dWsQMkDE

Join and Support the NRA

Posts: 180 | Location: Greater New Orleans Area... see us on the news??? | Registered: October 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
But to whom is she speaking?

Who actually thinks she's doing anything but preaching to a fraction of the choir?

And if she's just basically preaching to the choir, then what's the point, really?

Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
I have not seen the vid. Don't need too.

I am fine with it. I don't get jammed up with women who did not like the Donald and voice that opinion during the cycle. By in large DT is our
president due to women who voted for him. Not because they liked him. But because they disliked the beast more. Bless all of their hearts.

As far as dealing with others opinions on this subject or any other. Is good advice in this thread or any other one.

"Just deal with it". Wink

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19158 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
Bill Whittle and his crew have pertinent commentary:

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
Was anything she said in the video not true? Did it get your attention?

In my mind she did not go far enough.

Posts: 1501 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post