SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Wow, we felt a small earthquake!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wow, we felt a small earthquake! Login/Join 
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted
Epicenter was Decatur TN.
4.4 tremor but it shook us here in the N GA mountains pretty good!
Cockatoos don't like their cages shaking!

https://earthquake.usgs.gov/ea...22event%22%3Anull%7D

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39744 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did too, I'm in Soddy Daisy, TN, just outside of Chattanooga. Even woke my wife up and she asked what was that. Told her it was an earthquake.

Posts: 187 | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
We're near the Ranger Camp, Merril.
Sometimes the Ospreys and Blackhawks fly over and shake the house(yes, they hug the trees).
Except this time there was no whine of the engines!

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39744 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rangeme101
posted Hide Post
Just posted also. Yes woke me up. In Acworth/Woodstock/Kennesaw area. Seems City of Atlanta felt also. My neighbor just texted me to verify he wasn’t crazy. Twitter is very talkative right now. #Earthquake.

" like i said,....i didn't build it, i didn't buy it, and i didn't break it."

Posts: 1299 | Location: N. Georgia | Registered: March 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
I miss out on everything,was up and felt nothing.

Posts: 22409 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
My cockatoo had a sudden bout of night terrors. Flapping and screaming.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34108 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather have luck
than skill any day
Picture of mjlennon
posted Hide Post
Nothing down here...

Posts: 1824 | Location: Fayetteville, Georgia | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimg1960
posted Hide Post
Woke me up...cookeville tn. My little dog was scared to death..

Posts: 301 | Location: Tennessee  | Registered: July 08, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought it was me shaking.

Posts: 1061 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Woke three of us up here in Acworth.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15251 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
Well, somebody else ought to have them for awhile. Wink We had spell of them for a time, though they seem to have tapered off, thanks to Oklahoma changing how they reinject ground water from oil drilling. The first one I experienced I thought was interesting, however the shine was rubbed off the thing pretty quickly and I got rather tired of them. I tell people that I’m still waiting for one to occur during a thunderstorm, that it would put that special Kansas stamp on things. Hope there wasn’t any damage down there.

Posts: 12178 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnCourage
posted Hide Post
Woke me up in Roswell GA. Did not put it together until I read about it this morning.

JC

Posts: 1269 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
I'm in Commerce GA for business and didn't feel anything. They are talking about it in Atlanta so apparently some of them felt it. Crazy to happen around here.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7070 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Yellow Jacket
posted Hide Post
We're about 5 miles south of Fayetteville, Ga.
My wife was awake and she felt it and heard the house making some noise.

I slept through it.

God's mercy: NOT getting what we deserve!
God's grace: Getting what we DON'T deserve!

"If the enemy is in range, so are you." - Infantry Journal

Bob
P239 40 S&W
Endowment NRA
Viet Nam '69-'70

Posts: 1099 | Location: Fayette County, GA | Registered: April 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm in Spartanburg, SC. Felt it about 4:15 a.m. Convinced myself it was a plane from GSP going over the house and went back to sleep.

Posts: 1361 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
It woke me up here in Cleveland TN...said to myself "earthquake" (I've felt a few while living here over the years) and rolled back over...had a few pictures that were catty-wompus on the walls when I got up but that was all.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Didn't feel a thing through the Stearns & Foster.

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Yup, Same here.

Posts: 9144 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
I slept right through it. Woodstock, GA

Meh...

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8847 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
”9-1-1, what are you reporting?”

“My house was just shaken and it woke me up! Was there an earthquake?”

”Yes there was, is anyone injured or do you have any serious structural damage?”

“No, we’re fine. Just wanted to find out if it was an earthquake”

”OK, sir yes it was”

“Is there going to be another one?”

”Eventually...”

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10930 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post