SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My US Marine Son - update from Okinawa (pg 2)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My US Marine Son - update from Okinawa (pg 2) Login/Join 
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted
UPDATE ON PG 2

My son is an anti-tank missile gunner (MOS 0352) assigned to Apache Co., 3rd Light Armored Reconnaissance Battalion, 1st Marine Division at Twentynine Palms. His unit was recently on manuevers and he sent me some photos. Thought I would share.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Micropterus,

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
If I used emojies, there'd be a big "thumbs up" one here.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
You should be a very proud papa.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ravens1775
posted Hide Post
Awesome. Congrats. He'll have fun. I spent a fair amount of time in LAVs, and had my own "pig" before getting out. Those were some of the best times.

Posts: 744 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
Excellent. I remember your posts when he swore in and then graduated. Time flies.

It's hard to believe our son completed his service and is now looking to take advantage of the GI Bill.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Thank you for sharing.

God Bless your son!

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
Picture of thomjb
posted Hide Post
God Bless your son and all who serve and served.
You did good!

Thom

"Tulta munille!"
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Certified Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
SAF Life Member

Posts: 2835 | Location: SouthWest IN | Registered: August 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
http://terminallance.com/2012/...-oh-three-fifty-two/

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3446 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to you and son and thank God for young men like this.

Posts: 22410 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Please give him my thanks for serving our country.

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing!

Posts: 6011 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
Cool photos. Glad to see he's doing well. I'd be proud of him too.

Posts: 3519 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Be safe Marine!

Posts: 702 | Location: Gatesville, TX | Registered: January 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ah yes. 29 Palms looks as desolate as when I was there in the mid 50's. I was also in the first Division which returned from Korea about 1956.

Posts: 1081 | Location: Tidewater Virginia | Registered: January 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ah yes. 29 Palms

I got sent there when I was in the Army to support an FTA. I could never think of a reason again to go to that God forsaken place.

Best of luck to your son and I understand the pride you feel.

Posts: 2127 | Location: Tacoma, Wa. | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
... great pics, thanks for sharing!

I too remember the proud thread of the graduation.

Thanks for his service and to all who serve/served.

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted Hide Post
Congrats and Semper Fi.

Always good to have a Marine in the family.

-----------------
I apologize now...

Posts: 10552 | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
My thanks to you and your son. I pray God will keep him safe. I spent 20 years in USAF but never was shot at.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
Please tell him thanks for his service and may God keep him out of harms way.

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I was active duty, I ran into lots of folks from back east that got an assignment to Southern California, thinking that it would be real cool to walk out the front gate of the base and onto the beach where throngs of bikini clad women would flock around them. When they arrived at Edwards.....

Even on maneuvers things can go wrong...Stay safe!

And stay away from the Lady from 29 Palms:

Posts: 1474 | Location: Washington | Registered: August 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post