SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    A quick little preview of things to come. Been waiting since November! Little bit for the off road truck build fans
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A quick little preview of things to come. Been waiting since November! Little bit for the off road truck build fans Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
Ordered way back in November and they have finally arrived!
And of course we are smack in the middle of an ice storm and supposed to get 5-8” of snow by middle of next week.
So who knows when I will get a chance to actually get them put on.

Holy shackle Batman!!! I’d go to say it is a work of art!

Still have to assemble the fronts. Had the front coils color matched to the truck.

Ordered these Falcons in November for a very nice Black Friday Deal. I did tons of research on all my options. I found that the Falcons would be the best option for me and my use of the truck.
I initially was put off by reusing the factory spring but this kit really seems to address the issue of reusing the factory spring and gaining lift from preload vs. a lift spring. The external up travel bump stop and internal progressive down travel bump stop should remedy the issues. Being that my off-roading is more slow with mild articulation Jeep styled trails vs. the high speed Baja stuff that Fox, King, and Icon are more geared towards.
Falcon is TeraFlex shock line and TeraFlex has been in the Jeep game for a long time and is very high quality.
Know a few folks with Falcons on their Jeeps and are nothing but happy and everyone that has them on their Tundra is very happy.

But these two video really sold me on them.

This video breaks down a Fox and Falcon shock side by side showing how much better components go into the Falcon over the Fox.

This video is a factory tour showing how much care a quality go into these builds.

Now I just need to get some decent weather and a little bit of time.

Here is my current install list of everything sitting in the garage.

RCI Engine, Transmission, and Transfer Case Skid Plates
Falcon Shocks will give me 2.25” lift in the front.
Coachbuilder Shackles with Poly Leaf Spring Bushings will give me .685” of lift in the rear
Differential Drop kit, Carrier bearing drop, Sway Bar relocation brackets (moves everything back to factory geometry after the added lift).
SDHQ ABS Sensor Guards (mini skid plates for the sensors as they are plastic and crap locations)
Relocate the differential breather higher up to behind the tail light.
Toyota Racing Development Rear Sway Bar

Then hopefully soon I will order:
Slee Rock Sliders had money put aside but may have inadvertently screwed us on our taxes so that will like swallow up what I had put aside.
TransferFlow 46 gallon fuel tank
Auburn Limited Slip Differential. Though I may go with an Eaton E locker but being that this truck is mostly a road truck with some moderate off-road ventures that most likely won’t need lockers and the LSD would be far more beneficial for street purposes and my off-roading style.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25356 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a nice kit.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
That looks like it’ll make a nice change. You could drive it over here. The weather is nice enough we could swap it in today!

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4023 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:
That looks like it’ll make a nice change. You could drive it over here. The weather is nice enough we could swap it in today!

Truck has been iced in the bottom of my driveway for days now. Not even going to try to get it out I’ll end up into my gate one way or another.

I’ve been at the drive for 3 days now with a 500,000 BTU propane torch and the ice is just laughing.

Hope to get the fronts assembled this week so they will be ready to pop in at the hint of decent weather.

Probably have to do it in stages.

————————————————

Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Had the fronts assembled today and ran into a little issue.
I don’t feel like using the crappy rental spring compressors and don’t feel like dropping the coin on a good compressor to use only once.
Figured I would shop it out to be on the safe side.
Well, they got them assembled but everything is side and/or orientation specific. Said they could not get the proper orientations without damaging the powder coat.
The pigtail is 180* from where it is supposed to be and the top hat orientation is also off if I just rotate the body then the zerk will be off and the spring will still be pointing the wrong direction.
Hard to tell from the coloration in the picture but the spring is not seated properly in the bottom perch.
So need to find a place to reassemble it.

————————————————

Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
And we are setup proper. Here is hoping for some decent weather soon. Calling for a bunch of rain this weekend. If I get a little clearing in the rain I’ll try to toss the rears on as they are far less involved.

————————————————