SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Student punches teacher general lack of respect
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Student punches teacher general lack of respect Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by recoatlift:
Black on black crime. I'm so jaded now, I'm glad it was not a white teacher getting clobbered. The guy would be called a racist & deserved it.

If a black person attacks a white teacher I don't think they would be called a racist. For some reason only white people can be labeled racists.

I was scrolling through the TV the other day and stopped on BET because old Eddie Murphy movies are entertaining. First of all I think it's absolutely ridiculous there's a station called BET (not that I care but could you imagine WET? It'd be the end of the world) every other commercial was about Black girls rock awards show... it's amazing this is acceptable but could anybody imagine an awards show called white girls rock?

I don't care if you're white, black, brown, blue, purple race doesn't really mean anything to me but it's amazing the only people that have to walk on eggshells about race for fear of being labeled racists are white people.

Posts: 1298 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
The major portion of my tax bill of for the school system, not public services.

Same here! Our property tax bill is about $5K per year. More than half of it goes for the schools. and in the 30+ years we have lived here, we have never had a kid in school.

Regarding the dirt bag that punched the teacher, he needs to go to prison, for a good while.

Won't happen though. Sadly.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:
Regarding the dirt bag that punched the teacher, he needs to go to prison, for a good while.
Won't happen though. Sadly.

At some point in our country's history, we established the age of 18 as distinguishing an adult from a child. To me, that is just as ridiculous as "zero tolerance" policies. My son was more of an adult at age 14 than the vast majority of 18-year-olds I meet. Everyone matures at their own rate. But, because of this arbitrary "adult at age 18" thing we got going on, the Left would depict putting the "child" in this story in jail as a crime against children. Roll Eyes

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10696 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
Kid needs jail time!

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3758 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:
My dad tells of a similar incident at his high school, around beginning of WWII. Troublemaker kid throws a punch at the school principal. Turns out the principal had been a semi-pro boxer, he threw only one punch, you can guess the result.

But in that day, no one second guessed the principle for such action, the kid was wrong and got what he deserved.

In my high school days of mid 50's, many male teachers were WWII vets who were skilled in self defense.

I never heard of one being assaulted by a student.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
I am so not looking forward of going back to school in September. I have already notified one school district that I will not come in to sub in their high school, only their Middle school. The other district that I work for is a vocational schools that ranges from high tech to the usual trades. Surprisingly, those students are more pleasant to work with as they are doing something that they care about. If you think the LEO's have their hands tied when dealing with the public, try dealing with kids that know nothing will happen to them if they act out of order. They don't mind being suspended for a week.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4011 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
When I was in HS, no kid would have considered taking a swing at a teacher. We were all convinced that that would just lead to a major beat down.

This what happens when kids learn that teachers cannot defend themselves and there is no reason to fear them. This child will learn this logic does not work with a police officer and the parents will whine about brutality.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RaiseHal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
No self control. No impulse control. No moral code. No ability to anticipate consequences. No will to better himself. Kick him out. Don't come back. You'll be dead by 30.

True that, but how many others will he take down first?

It's a shame that youth is wasted on the young --- Mark Twain

Anyone who is not a liberal by age 20 has no heart; anyone who is not a conservative by age 40 has no brain---Winston Churchill

Posts: 4650 | Location: The Free State of Georgia | Registered: August 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Yes, the kid should get a beatdown, but the respect needs to be taught at home. When I was in school, if you got in trouble at school you took your lumps, kept your mouth shut, and hoped it didn't get back to your parents. If you went home and snivelled about how you were punished at school, you obviously didn't get enough at school and your parents would solve that problem. Nowadays, it seems like when little Johnie comes home and snivels, his parent rush to hire a lawyer and sue the teacher, the district, and anyone else they can think of. Its ridiculous.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slosig:
Yes, the kid should get a beatdown, but the respect needs to be taught at home. When I was in school, if you got in trouble at school you took your lumps, kept your mouth shut, and hoped it didn't get back to your parents. If you went home and snivelled about how you were punished at school, you obviously didn't get enough at school and your parents would solve that problem. Nowadays, it seems like when little Johnie comes home and snivels, his parent rush to hire a lawyer and sue the teacher, the district, and anyone else they can think of. Its ridiculous.

Cashing in on a law suit means more to them than the future of their offspring.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10696 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post