SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Student punches teacher general lack of respect
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Student punches teacher general lack of respect Login/Join 
posted

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Black on black crime. I'm so jaded now, I'm glad it was not a white teacher getting clobbered. The guy would be called a racist & deserved it.

Savage behavior by the other black students to laugh while a guy of their own color, trying to make them smart gets pummeled. People like this cannot be helped.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
I bet if someone hadn't shot a video the school would try and sweep it under the rug.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16391 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
As long as schools remain free paid for by the taxpayers , I don't think we're going to see kids who are truly thankful for the incredible opportunities education brings to your life.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10703 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by synthplayer:
As long as schools remain free paid for by the taxpayers , I don't think we're going to see kids who are truly thankful for the incredible opportunities education brings to your life.

Learned behavior. Schools reflect the community. Can't turn lead to gold.

OTOH, I have to give points to the teacher. He might find a student there who gives a shit, and he might give them just enough to get on the path to better.

Reminds me of the boy and the starfish.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2363 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
No self control. No impulse control. No moral code. No ability to anticipate consequences. No will to better himself. Kick him out. Don't come back. You'll be dead by 30.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29682 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
I was in class in 5th grade when a kid got out of his seat, tore off his belt and started whipping an older female teacher. A kid in the front row jumped up and wrapped the other kid up quickly before he could get in more that a couple of shots.

I'd be surprised if this teacher returned. It's bad enough that a kid would do that. The fact that apparently no students in the class came to the teacher's defense is the real indictment.

And, what would have happened had the teacher defended himself? It's not hard to guess.

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10353 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jigray3:
I'd be surprised if this teacher returned.

Me too. I'd be looking for a different line of work.

I hope they make an example of that punk.

Posts: 1781 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
If I were the teacher and as I got it back together and was getting ready for school again, I think the thought that would be front and center is that the entire class watched this happen. The teacher is on the ground defenseless or near so, and it's a laugh a minute.

I think I'd call in drunk for a few days while I brushed up my resume for a job with a little more emotional reward in it, like cattle rustling.

Posts: 6386 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
That "student" needs to be found with both legs and arms broken....severely. Until there are consequences nothing will change.

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4571 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by comet24:
I bet if someone hadn't shot a video the school would try and sweep it under the rug.

LOL! Not even remotely possible.

More than likely, the teacher will file a workers' comp claim. Without video it simply wouldn't make the news at 11.

Hell, in Maryland (and probably other states as well), public school employees are entitled to enhanced workers' comp benefits specifically for being the victims of assault. It's a statute that was enacted and codified in the Education article, no doubt at the urging of the teachers' unions.

EDUCATION § 6-111. Assault leave

(a) Full pay status. -- An employee of a county board who is absent due to physical disability that results from an assault while in the scope of board employment shall be kept on full pay status instead of sick leave during the period of absence.

That should give you a clue as to how prevalent this sort of thing is.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16268 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of John Steed
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
... You'll be dead by 30.
He's 16. Make that "dead by 20."

... stirred anti-clockwise.

Posts: 2078 | Location: Michigan | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
"Student punches teacher" makes me picture a single punch.

The kid repeatedly punches the teacher, when when he's down. Adult crime, adult jail.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hammer1967
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John Steed:
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
... You'll be dead by 30.
He's 16. Make that "dead by 20."

+1

If Jesus would have had a gun he would be alive today. Homer Simpson
“Him plenty dead” Tonto

Posts: 1090 | Location: TN | Registered: February 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BurtonRW:
quote:
Originally posted by comet24:

LOL! Not even remotely possible.

More than likely, the teacher will file a workers' comp claim. Without video it simply wouldn't make the news at 11.

Hell, in Maryland (and probably other states as well), public school employees are entitled to enhanced workers' comp benefits specifically for being the victims of assault. It's a statute that was enacted and codified in the Education article, no doubt at the urging of the teachers' unions.

EDUCATION § 6-111. Assault leave

(a) Full pay status. -- An employee of a county board who is absent due to physical disability that results from an assault while in the scope of board employment shall be kept on full pay status instead of sick leave during the period of absence.

That should give you a clue as to how prevalent this sort of thing is.

-Rob

I was more talking about the student being back in school although this seems to have risen to the level of them having to act. My brother is an HS teacher in MD. I've heard many stories of kids doing all kinds of things and the administration taking no or very little action. Looks bad for the admin when they suspend too many kids and then want a promotion. Roll Eyes

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16391 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Savage behavior by the other black students to laugh while a guy of their own color, trying to make them smart gets pummeled. People like this cannot be helped.

People like this cannot be made smart.

And the teacher cannot make them smart. He can educate them, but, IMO, they would have to be smart to learn.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25642 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
Thug life.

What a disgrace that pile of trash is.

Posts: 5759 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
My dad tells of a similar incident at his high school, around beginning of WWII. Troublemaker kid throws a punch at the school principal. Turns out the principal had been a semi-pro boxer, he threw only one punch, you can guess the result.

But in that day, no one second guessed the principle for such action, the kid was wrong and got what he deserved.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:
But in that day, no one second guessed the principle for such action, the kid was wrong and got what he deserved.

In my opinion, this is where we went off the rails. Corporal punishment should be re-instituted. These kids MUST know that there are painful consequences for their actions and "time-outs" are not it.

Posts: 20075 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
They whine about the School Resource officers dealing with these slugs. They have to stop them using the same methods as any violent street thug but the media simply see police assaulting poor innocent student.

Taxpayers should stop funding schools. Let the parents pay and have their tax bill reduced. The major portion of my tax bill of for the school system, not public services.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post