SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Any Locksmith/safe tech around?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any Locksmith/safe tech around? Login/Join 
Picture of BDA220
posted
I have a safe with an electronic lock,a "MAS-HAM
ILTON" Quicklock II, without the combination.

Is there a way a safe technician can open or reset the combo? I tried two of the local locksmith and got nothing..

Sorry, I can't seem to post a picture.

"Strange days have found us, strange days have tracked us down." JM

Posts: 807 | Location: Pacific NW | Registered: September 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
In short, yes it can be drilled. There’s no way to recover the code.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
I am not familiar with this particular model but I had experience with Mas Hamilton locks. It is a 6 digit combo. The lock,if similar to the MasHamilton lock that I have had the friction wheel to charge the lock enough to enter the code. I do believe it has a 4 or 5 attempt lockout.

I think you are going to have to have a lot of patience. Check to see if there is a battery terminal point. Mas Hamilton has this feature so you can touch a 9 volt battery to the lock so yo don’t have to power up the lock everytime. I think you need to write out every combination possible and enter it one by one. It will lock out. But you have to set it aside.

Wish I had a passcode of sort but there is none.

Posts: 1350 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
A six digit system can have between ~150,000 and 1,000,000 possible code combinations (depending upon how it treats zeros and whether or not repetition is allowed).

That's a lot of patience...

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cyanide357
posted Hide Post
Any chance it is the default passcode?

(sent you an email)

Posts: 249 | Registered: November 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
If the safe is open trash the lock and replace it.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15714 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have reprogrammed the audicon II series locks when the combo is lost but I’m not familiar with this one. Have also reprogrammed s&g 6150 and 6300. If you are set on that lock, send it to me and I might be able to reset it. Otherwise I would just get a new lock.

Posts: 1072 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BDA220
posted Hide Post
Thanks to all!

The safe is closed,so can't access the inside. I did try the default code, no joy.

nshumway,

Can the front part, with the "charging" knob and keypad be removed from the front? If so, is that where the electronics/code are?
If so, I can remove and send to you for try.

Thanks!

Posts: 807 | Location: Pacific NW | Registered: September 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
Your only option is to find a tech who can drill the lock. Nothing is stored in the keypad.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Nothing is stored in the keypad.

Look at electronic locks like a desktop computer. The keypad is just like your keyboard, and the processing equipment is inside the lock body tucked securely within the safe.

Just like you can't recover a computer password by inspecting the keyboard, you can't recover a lock combination by inspecting the keypad. One minor exception. Should the lock have severe wear on the numbers you may be able to put together a list of possibilities.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15714 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BDA220
posted Hide Post
Thanks all!
I will find someone who can drill it.