SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    google might be needing your help
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

google might be needing your help Login/Join 
posted
I tried searching for the largest county park in Iowa , and it did not give me anything but state park info.

So how does one going about putting info in too google?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54637 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Type really hard

Posts: 107580 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

Posts: 54637 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
Boolean operators, quotes, plus and minus switches used to work but google has gone too corporate and there are too many false results and paid ads that overcome good search results with noise. My prediction is that with an ever increasing pool of information, the search results will become more and more useless.

Posts: 45373 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:.My prediction is that with an ever increasing pool of information, the search results will become more and more useless.

You know, I've been saying that fo jjogwl ai;sg;ksdh hgw-kvjnl; pgjgywkfvvlm,fe ojgmnlz.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43881 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
: Smile Smile )

No quarter
.308/.223

Posts: 2084 | Location: Central Florida.  | Registered: March 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There must be 99 people here with time on their hands,
if we each pick an Iowa county and post the county parks , the square acres of land and lakes ponds, rivers and creeks in each.

we could knock these facts and figure out in a couple of weeks or so,
then we the people of Sig Forum would be on the innernet , forever.

who's up ?

Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
Would they name the parks after us? Or could we pick a name for the county parks we define? Sigmonkey Swamp, Parabellum Point? bendable bend?

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
I tried searching for the largest county park in Iowa , and it did not give me anything but state park info.

So how does one going about putting info in too google?

Search for parks in California, New York or Russia. You won't have any problems.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10926 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
if we each pick an Iowa county and post the county parks , the square acres of land and lakes ponds, rivers and creeks in each.

we could knock these facts and figure out in a couple of weeks or so,
then we the people of Sig Forum would be on the innernet , forever.

who's up ?

Then people will be able t find them with Google. And people will go there. And then you won't want to.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey Bendy,
The largest county park in Iowa is 3 Mile Lake Recreation Area in Union County. It has 3350 acres listed as size. Number 2 is Little River Recreation Area in Decatur county with 2200 acres.
This information was found in:
http://www.mycountyparks.com/default.aspx

The “POLICE"
Their job Is To Save Your Ass,
Not Kiss It

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says "go away" in any language - Clint Smith

Posts: 2890 | Location: See der Rabbits, Iowa | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
geez, thanks . that helps.

I still think there needs to be an alphabetical list by county

thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:

Certainly, but what are the chances more than 3 of them care one bit about this?

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12417 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:
geez, thanks . that helps.

I still think there needs to be an alphabetical list by county

You see that dropdown in the top center that says "Counties"? Yeah, click that.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
You see that dropdown in the top center that says "Counties"? Yeah, click that.

that makes everything pretty easy , thank you .