SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Does this monitor exist? Likely so but silly expensive I am guessing.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does this monitor exist? Likely so but silly expensive I am guessing. Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
A single wide screen monitor that is capable of doing split screen acting as a dual monitor for a single computer and can be a split screen for 2 computers.

I can just never get the 2 monitors colors to match when running dual monitors so photoshop work is pointless.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Yes.

Ultra wide monitors.

Some are flat, some are curved.

Look at the Samsung CF791

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
LG was the first to make them. Not sure about the support for two different PC's at the same time though.

Or you could get a hardware colorimeter and calibrate the ones you have now, your TV, and any screens you get in the future

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zoom6zoom:
Or you could get a hardware colorimeter and calibrate the ones you have now, your TV, and any screens you get in the future

This is the deal. People have been calibrating different ones for many years now.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the X-Rite iDisplay Pro, but yes, a hardware calibration device is the way to go for consistency.

-------------
$

Posts: 7655 | Location: Mid-Michigan, USA | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Almost as Fast as a Speeding Bullet
Picture of Otto Pilot
posted Hide Post
Also, as a side note, if you have a properly calibrated monitor, there is another step you can take, though you may already be aware.

If you are using Adobe (I know they do it for sure, but maybe others do as well), you can download color profiles from various commercial printers like Costco among others. That way, what you are seeing on your screen will be as close as you can get to what their printers actually put on paper.

Aeronautics confers beauty and grandeur, combining art and science for those who devote themselves to it. . . . The aeronaut, free in space, sailing in the infinite, loses himself in the immense undulations of nature. He climbs, he rises, he soars, he reigns, he hurtles the proud vault of the azure sky. — Georges Besançon

Posts: 11502 | Location: Denver and/or The World | Registered: August 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Get thee a hardware calibrator. You need it anyway.

Posts: 13046 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hardware Calibration;

I use the X-Rite Colormunki which is relatively inexpensive, takes about 10 minutes to calibrate a display, and other than pestering me to re-calibrate every few weeks has been a good investment.

In fact the munki is pestering me right now.

Posts: 3853 | Location: Citrus County Florida | Registered: October 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
A single wide screen monitor that is capable of doing split screen acting as a dual monitor for a single computer and can be a split screen for 2 computers.

I can just never get the 2 monitors colors to match when running dual monitors so photoshop work is pointless.

roduct:1:9" target="_blank">https://www.samsclub.com/sams/...121-elecRazzroduct:1:9

Sorry if the link doesn't work but it's for a Dell 34" ultra wide double monitor. They have them at Sams Club.

Not cheap but might be just what you are looking for. You want high enough quality for Photoshop work. .......

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
can be a split screen for 2 computers.

This is going to be the tricky part I think.

I've been using a curved LG ultra wide for variable splits on single computer for 6 months now and love it. LOVE. IT!!!

If my need for the second machine was only occasional, I'd stick with this and add a second, smaller monitor for that application.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12348 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
quote:

I've been using a curved LG ultra wide for variable splits on single computer for 6 months now and love it. LOVE. IT!!!

If my need for the second machine was only occasional, I'd stick with this and add a second, smaller monitor for that application.

A KVM Switch could also allow for quick transition between machines & not necessitate a 2nd monitor.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15150 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caught in a loop
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zoom6zoom:
LG was the first to make them. Not sure about the support for two different PC's at the same time though.

This is the correct answer. I've got 3 27" monitors at work, and I use PS for a living - each has a different purpose: left is usually my browser for pubishing/research, middle is the designated Photoshop monitor, and the right one is my file explorer/remote desktop screen (for when I have to remote into the server because someone forgot a password or something, or just simply to ensure that the backup software is doing its job correctly). I only care about the calibration of the middle one.

I need to get a calibrator for the house...

As to the split screen, dunno about concurrent use but you could use a KVM switch or put each computer on a different input if you don't need to use both at the same time.

"In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion."

Posts: 3349 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: August 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
I don't know of any monitor like that, but I have had good luck with a cheap calibration device - X-rite Colormunki as previously mentioned. I have a 30" HP Zr30w 30-bit monitor for my main display, and a much cheaper Dell 24" monitor for a second and while they are completely different displays quality wise, the Colormunki matches them up nearly identical.

--------------------
I like Sigs and HK's, and maybe Glocks

Posts: 2263 | Location: SC | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
quote:
quote:

A KVM Switch could also allow for quick transition between machines & not necessitate a 2nd monitor.

Unless I misread his post he’s asking about splitting the monitor between two computers simultaneously.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12348 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
quote:
quote:

Unless I misread his post he’s asking about splitting the monitor between two computers simultaneously.

Correct

————————————————

Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
HP's DreamColor Monitor line comes to mind. Their line is used by all the animation studio professionals.

HP also has a Z38c 38 inch curved monitor that would support your request.

HK Ag

Posts: 3495 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
regardless of what monitor, you're calibrating by guess and by gosh without the correct tools.
Hey, electronics stores charge a hundred bucks and up to calibrate TV's.... you could recoup your investment easily by doing just a few on the side for half the price!

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:

Mine does it: LG 34UM61-P 34" Class 21:9 UltraWide® Full HD IPS LED Monitor (34" Diagonal)

Was surprisingly affordable at Costco. (Don't recall what we paid.)

Well, I think it does what you want. Your question was worded oddly. It displays a single, wide screen for one computer. It'll go split-screen for two.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:

Mine does it: LG 34UM61-P 34" Class 21:9 UltraWide® Full HD IPS LED Monitor (34" Diagonal)

Well, I think it does what you want. Your question was worded oddly. It displays a single, wide screen for one computer. It'll go split-screen for two.

Nice monitor but it's 1080p not 4K......

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:

Sorry for the odd wording.
The majority of the time I will have PC1 dual monitor mode.
But want to be able to have PC1 main screen viewable and PC2 viewable. PC2 will not need to be dual.

Looking like the screen calibrater will be my better option.

————————————————