SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Why Democrats Would Lose the Second Civil War, Too
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Why Democrats Would Lose the Second Civil War, Too Login/Join 
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hamden106:
Just wait for Kalifornistan to seize rich white tinseltown property like South Africa.

Now why in the world would you say something like that? Seriously, is that what you think?

There are no parallel comparisons at all. Nada.

Posts: 4069 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
I've never really been able to envision what another civil war, a rebellion, or a race war would look like in the US. If it were left vs right, you'd be able to recognize the enemy by them being real nice and not having any guns.

It really is amazing how little fear they have of the armed populace, since they taunt and ridicule us without mercy. What powerful ally do they think they have on their side? They talk about how scary guns are all the time, but seemingly have no fear of the armed. They have to be the dumbest SOBs on the face of the earth.

Posts: 7437 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
The easiest way to win the next civil war will be to shut down the electric power supply to the "blue" cities and states. All the other infrastructures depend on electricity, which travels into the blue areas over transmission lines in the red areas, from those icky power generators in red areas. It takes precious little damage to electric power system to bring it down.

Posts: 1498 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
When California and succession comes up, I recall the 2016 election map. Most of California was red. There is no reason that a California succession could not includ parts of the state choosing to stay with the rest of the nation. (Think West Virginia.
Another point is water. California has to import water from the surrounding states.The Colorado River supplies 55-60% of the state's water. Sucession could well mean loss of this water.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
Yamamoto was more succinct..

Problem is, there is no evidence he ever said it.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Yamamoto was more succinct..

Problem is, there is no evidence he ever said it.

Well that's even more succinct...

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29607 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
I don't believe there would ever be an actual war. The next Civil War will likely be fought in the courts.

State X secedes, there is a federal court battle saying they can't, State X says that's great but we don't recognize your federal court...you get the idea. I don't think it will every go to armed conflict and eventually that state will be off on its own.

Besides, if a state like California wanted to secede, I couldn't sign that deal fast enough! Blue states can't afford to leave the US. I think it will be a red state who is tired of subsidizing the blue states who eventually says, "we're out of here."

ETA, that meme is hilarious
Fixed them for you.

quote:
Originally posted by roberth:
From Western Rifle Shooters, a byline they had up the other day.

quote:
Why does the Left believe that Americans will be shooting at the military, rather than freeplay varmint-hunting of Communist politicians, along with their associates, media enablers, and local supporters?
I've said it before--read Part 3 of UC.

quote:
Originally posted by Some Shot:
quote:
...the border with Canada, in Illinois' case...

I expect that many Canadians are happy that they do not share a border with Illinois.

"Hey! I'm standin' here!" Smile
But they do--it's called Lake Michigan.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
I expect that many Canadians are happy that they do not share a border with Illinois.

Whoops, yup. I dunno though, maybe they still ought to seal off the Lake Michigan coast just to be careful.

quote:
OK. Fine. We keep the land. We'll just drive the commies into the sea.

There, now, see? Doesn't that just seem like the more reasonable thing to do?

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Icabod:
When California and succession comes up, I recall the 2016 election map. Most of California was red. There is no reason that a California succession could not includ parts of the state choosing to stay with the rest of the nation. (Think West Virginia.
Another point is water. California has to import water from the surrounding states.The Colorado River supplies 55-60% of the state's water. Sucession could well mean loss of this water.

Look up State of Jefferson. For a long time, it comprised the Northern counties of CA and Southern counties of OR. Today, it's all the non-urban areas, rural and agricultural areas of California, basically the areas that voted for Trump and generally red.

Colorado River supplies no more than 40% of the state's water, most of it goes into agriculture in the Imperial Valley; Riverside and San Diego counties get a small remaining fraction for housing needs. Any talk of succession would result in water loss as it's the red counties that control those areas.

Posts: 14571 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
Elk, I'd have to agree with Darth on this. I spent some time in the military, and a lot of time as a LEO. Working with men and women in these professions, leads me to believe they will obey orders, just as they did after Hurricane Katrina. The vast majority of LE and military will obey their orders no matter if they are constitutional and lawful or not. Even if they have some moral or legal reservations about an order from a superior, they will do as ordered. I hope we never have the opportunity to learn who is right about this particular issue, but this is my opinion.....

NRA Life

Posts: 1561 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
"The first scenario is that the Democrats take power and violate the Constitution in order to use the apparatus of the federal government to suppress and oppress Normal Americans. In that scenario, red Americans are the insurgents."

WOLVERINES!

Posts: 15841 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
"The first scenario is that the Democrats take power and violate the Constitution in order to use the apparatus of the federal government to suppress and oppress Normal Americans.

Hmmm. Sounds like the Obama years.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why have I not read about municipalities declaring themselves "sanctuary cities" from anti-gun laws?

Posts: 15898 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
At Jacob's Well
Picture of jaaron11
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:

quote:
quote:
...the border with Canada, in Illinois' case...

"Hey! I'm standin' here!" Smile
But they do--it's called Lake Michigan.

flashguy

Might want to check that map again. Wink

J

Rak Chazak Amats

Posts: 5281 | Location: SW Missouri | Registered: May 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
A civil war will be ugly. One side will try to sell off America to the highest foreign bidder. Oh wait that has already happened...

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Deqlyn:
A civil war will be ugly. One side will try to sell off America to the highest foreign bidder. Oh wait that has already happened...

An interesting question. What foreign allies would each side bring to the party?

I'm guessing that the lefties could count on support from China, Mexico, and the European Union. Canada would probably stay neutral. The Red States? Hmmm... Possibly Israel. Maybe Japan. Russia, I suspect, would not so much take sides as try to keep the pot stirred, most likely supporting the most barbarous elements on both sides.

Middle Eastern countries? No idea.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Speling Champ
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
Why have I not read about municipalities declaring themselves "sanctuary cities" from anti-gun laws?

That happened after Sandy Hook.

Pretty much every western state told the US Gov to go pound sand on new, intrusive gun control laws.

More than a few Sheriffs swore they would not only not enforce new gun control but would order their deputies to arrest Federal Agents attempting to enforce any new gun control laws.

Posts: 1603 | Location: Utah | Registered: July 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
"The first scenario is that the Democrats take power and violate the Constitution in order to use the apparatus of the federal government to suppress and oppress Normal Americans.

Hmmm. Sounds like the Obama years.

Yep.

Posts: 8602 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post