SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Best frozen meals?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best frozen meals? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Read the fat and sodium content on the box. That might scare you into choosing something else.

ditto

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54637 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Censored
posted Hide Post
Devour were great when I needed to pack in the calories after treatments.

Posts: 2223 | Location: United States | Registered: February 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
quote:
Originally posted by ridgerat:
The Marie Callenders meals are decent.

Read the fat and sodium content on the box. That might scare you into choosing something else.

Nothing wrong with some fat and salt. They're good for you.

As a side, I would recommend Stouffer's Mac and Cheese.

Stouffer's Mac and Cheese is really good. We add in some smoked Gouda cheese to it and the taste is improved even more.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
The Jimmy Dean breakfast bowls are also ok but I like the Wal Mart brand just as good and they are a little cheaper.

Posts: 1955 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post

Posts: 8146 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
quote:

ditto

If you are concerned about the health aspects of supermarket frozen offerings (or hot dogs or sausage or a shitload of other stuff available at Publix or Walmart)...you are pretty much "screwed"...no matter how much the term "Healthy Choice" is used in the label...it ain't...it's just convenient, low drag fast food that makes you feel somewhat "full" and you don't gag when you scarf it down because McDonalds and Taco Bell is too far away Smile

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10586 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Not frozen meals, but Cliff started a thread about freeze-dried meals in general, and Mountain House specifically.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/9090087544

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30663 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Texas Proud
Picture of texassierra
posted Hide Post
Find some good frozen tamales...pop them in the nuke box ...quick and easy.

NRA Life Patron

Posts: 1906 | Location: DFW | Registered: March 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:

I'm lucky, I guess. I am blessed with genetics such that my body metabolizes fat without turning it into blood cholesterol. I can eat bacon all day. Smile And I am under my Doctor's orders to take in as much sodium as I can, as my sodium blood level remains at the low level. So the frozen meals suit me just fine. Maybe not so much for others.

Posts: 10785 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No help for the frozen meals but when I remodeled my kitchen I made a make shift counter out of plywood.

I cut out a sink hole and hooked up the old sink and faucet. I had a functional kitchen until the counter tops came in.

Posts: 5416 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post