SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Best frozen meals?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best frozen meals? Login/Join 
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted
I have no kitchen for about a month. Oven still works, but no sink to wash anything or countertops to prep. What are some decent frozen meals?

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of K0ZZZ
posted Hide Post
Wife loves the "Devour" meals. They have some pretty interesting options.

When we gutted our kitchen, we used the bathroom sink for dishes that weren't disposable, the grill outside to cook, and a microwave in the living room. Wasn't fun, but a month or so like that wasn't bad.

... Chad

http://shotworkspro.com - Much better than scrap paper! Use 'Take5' to get 5 bucks off.

Posts: 770 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: December 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
The Marie Callenders meals are decent.

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member, Gun Owners of America & Member, Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2836 | Location: Marana, AZ | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Healthy Choice steamers are the best one out there. They have lower sodium than most and steam the food in a basket so there is nothing to mess with other than popping it in. Flavor and aroma are very good considering it's a frozen meal.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7070 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I like TJ’s Chana masala. I add lots of black pepper. Also tahini – for flavor, and to get the essential amino acids to make a complete protein. Same as hummus – garbanzo beans + tahini.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8931 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG4EVA:
Healthy Choice steamers are the best one out there.

concur Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16183 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Trader Joe's ...anything frozen from them is decent to excellent.

Posts: 14634 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Marie Callender Pot Pies are pretty ok

Posts: 26892 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
I was beat so I had an ok Stauffers frozen lasagna w/ some cottage cheese to tame the heartburn and some store pre-made salad.

I agree w/ arfmel, those MC pot pies are pretty ok, but I add a dash of hot sauce to tweak them.

Posts: 7348 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ridgerat:

Especially the Chicken Pot Pie...I like their other stuff too (in a pinch)...

The PF Chang stuff is not to bad...the Birdseye Voila meals in a bag suck out loud IMHO...

Do you still have access to a microwave?

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
Marie Callender Pot Pies are pretty ok
Yep--I'm especially fond of the turkey pot pies (the 1 pound ones).

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Read the fat and sodium content on the box. That might scare you into choosing something else.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
quote:

Read the fat and sodium content on the box. That might scare you into choosing something else.

Nothing wrong with some fat and salt. They're good for you.

As a side, I would recommend Stouffer's Mac and Cheese.

Posts: 20075 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Marie Callender makes great pies and meals, but their lasagne is the best thing that was ever cooked - said my beagle - because to me it tasted close to what I imagine if you stirred rainwater from a hubcap with battery acid into a mix of wall board paste (and was immediately given to the dogs). Yuck!

For a better lasagne, buy Stauffers. Big Grin

Posts: 9140 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Betty Crocker I aint. Stauffer's or Marie Callender.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16067 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

Healthy Choice steamers, as mentioned. Also Stouffers single servings (I like the tuna noodle casserole). Also Tai Pei, Michelina, and the Safeway store brand 3# bag of chicken nuggets are really easy and good if you include some other sides. The 3# bag lasts forever.

Posts: 10782 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
Michael Angelo's eggplant parmesan is pretty good. Stouffer's stuffed green peppers are pretty good. Some of the Devour meals are pretty good.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
The Stouffers casseroles like enchiladas and lasagna are pretty good, but I wouldn't want them for a month.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you like Mexican food, Amy's Enchiladas & Dinners are the best.. A little pricey but worth it..I live alone so exist on Deli & Frozen..

Posts: 468 | Registered: July 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
quote:
Originally posted by SIG4EVA:
Healthy Choice steamers are the best one out there.

concur Big Grin

Yep. I always keep a few in the freezer, very tasty

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post