SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Medicinal Bacon
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Medicinal Bacon Login/Join 
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted
For decades, I have read articles etc. about the need for and role of roughage in one's diet.

I haven't seen any regarding the need for smoothage and its role in keeping things working.

Of course, bacon is an ideal smoothage source, and unlike other health foods, tasty as well.

So, what would be the proper level, dosage, of bacon to assure adequate smoothage?

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy high and sell "low"
Picture of archerman
posted Hide Post
I would say at least 1lb a week would be a sufficient amount of smoothage.

Archerman

Posts: 2483 | Location: N. Idaho | Registered: February 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Remember, you cannot eat too much bacon.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43867 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:

You probably could but I wouldn't mind finding out. Hahaha

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Short. Fat. Bald.
Costanzaesque.

Picture of TexasScrub
posted Hide Post
Great Karma! In for a pound (maple please)

Posts: 1983 | Location: Victoria, TX | Registered: February 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
"Sufficient" bacon? What a strange concept!

Pulled the first beefsteak tomato out of the garden yesterday (about two weeks late this year). Before it could cool down, I sliced it, and slapped it between two slices of toasted sourdough, heaped on about a quarter pound of bacon, and topped it with a few tiny shards of iceberg lettuce. Nom nom nom. I do loves me some BLTs.

Posts: 6455 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum's Indian
Off the Reservation
Picture of bigpond73
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by archerman:

Hmmmmm, seems to be on the low side....... Big Grin

Mike

You can run, but you cannot hide.

If you won't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Posts: 4929 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: January 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
quote:
about the need for and role of roughage in one's diet.

I haven't seen any regarding the need for smoothage and its role in keeping things working.

Of course, bacon is an ideal smoothage source, and unlike other health foods, tasty as well.

So, what would be the proper level, do

I think ricks picture that went viral pretty nicely sums it up

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Yeah. Looks like the right proportions.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8934 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
quote:

Since it comes in one pound packages, I tell my wife that that is a single serving. So based on my logic, this is not nearly enough.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6484 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
please don't call it medicinal, though. The damn goobermint will get involved, and I'll need a damn prescription to buy the stuff at fifty bucks a slice.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG's 'n Surefires
Picture of M-11
posted Hide Post
Especially important this time of year to control the 'mater, lettuce and mayo population.

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Freedom of Speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences." -Mike Rowe
"Democracies aren't overthrown, they're given away." -George Lucas

Posts: 6880 | Location: IL, due south of the Arch | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
If you find yourself lacking in "smoothness" in your system (you will know) and need to take quick action as a remedy, take this shortcut...liquid bacon...melt a cup of pure lard in the microwave until it is in a fluid state (not too hot) and drink it down. This will add "smoothness" until the proper application of bacon can be applied.

Warning...DO NOT combine the cup of warm lard with collards or boiled okra to avoid smoothness overload! Eek

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's really not medicinal unless it is oven baked with brown sugar on it!

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1526 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Lightweight.

Posts: 7016 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bisleyblackhawk:

Warning...DO NOT combine the cup of warm lard with collards or boiled okra to avoid smoothness overload! Eek

Talk about the "green apple quickstep", that combo would likely be explosive!!!

Posts: 6613 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
quote:

....the closest I've ever made it to, is the point of thinking.... 'wait....this actually MIGHT be 'almost enough'..........

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9853 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I happen to be a Dr. of Culinary Medicine. Here is a prescription that will fix you right up.

Take this to your nearest compounding culinary pharmacy to get filled on a daily basis.

6 slices thick cut hickory smoked bacon.
2 slices large tomato.
2 to 4 leaves of iceberg lettuce.
1 to 2 dollops of real mayonnaise to aid the binding of above ingredients.

These will be packaged in a capsule of either white or wheat bread (2 slices).

Refill as needed.

Warnings: Mildly addictive, Has been known to cause consternation to many cardiologists. Would advise not to mention true dosage if asked. And may cause swelling in the midsection requiring heavy use of elastic, or new pants.

You will be felling like a champ in no time. Big Grin

It's all about clean living. Just do the right thing, and karma will help with the rest.

Posts: 1112 | Location: The Republic of Texas | Registered: April 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig226fan:
I happen to be a Dr. of Culinary Medicine. Here is a prescription that will fix you right up.

Take this to your nearest compounding culinary pharmacy to get filled on a daily basis.

6 slices thick cut hickory smoked bacon.
2 slices large tomato.
2 to 4 leaves of iceberg lettuce.
1 to 2 dollops of real mayonnaise to aid the binding of above ingredients.

These will be packaged in a capsule of either white or wheat bread (2 slices).

Refill as needed.

Warnings: Mildly addictive, Has been known to cause consternation to many cardiologists. Would advise not to mention true dosage if asked. And may cause swelling in the midsection requiring heavy use of elastic, or new pants.

You will be felling like a champ in no time. Big Grin

I suffer from consternation just about every day! It's been dissipating the last 6-8 months, though. Don't know about the cardiologist.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post