SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Whirlpool side by side ice maker problem?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Whirlpool side by side ice maker problem? Login/Join 
Picture of SIG 229R
posted
Both crushed and cubed ice stopped working at the same time. Is there a way to remove the panel to access the switches? Unit is only about four years old

SigP229R
Harry Callahan "A man has got to know his limitations".
Teddy Roosevelt "Talk soft carry a big stick"
I Cor10: 13 "1611KJV"

Posts: 6066 | Registered: March 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
Model # please

Posts: 11219 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIG 229R
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Appliance Brad:
Model # please

I think this is it, W10179980A?

SigP229R

Fuimus
posted Hide Post
Did you push the reset switch on the maker?

Posts: 5369 | Location: Ypsilanti Township | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIG 229R
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdmb03:

Didn't know there was one

SigP229R

Fuimus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG 229R:
quote:
Originally posted by jdmb03:

Didn't know there was one

Our Kenmore stopped dumping ice. I pulled out the cover and pushed the reset switch under the unit. Haven't had a problem since.

Posts: 5369 | Location: Ypsilanti Township | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post
Checked the wireing harness at the bottom hinge. Mine has stopped working twice and both times it was cut wiring harness

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10355 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Does the water dispenser still work?

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8865 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIG 229R
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
Does the water dispenser still work?

Yes

SigP229R

posted Hide Post
quote:
Model # please

That is a part number, likely off a label. I need the model number off the model plate which will be on the side wall or ceiling of the fresh food compartment.

Posts: 11219 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIG 229R
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Model # please

That is a part number, likely off a label. I need the model number off the model plate which will be on the side wall or ceiling of the fresh food compartment.

ED5VHEXV009 hope this is right.

SigP229R

posted Hide Post
quote:
ED5VHEXV009

Thanks!

One of two problems. One is easy, the other more time consuming. First, unplug the refrigerator. Alternately, you can remove the freezer door hinge cover and break apart the Molex connector under it, killing power to the door. The faceplate pops off from the bottom. Most of the time, I can pop them off without tools. If yours is difficult, put a strip of duct tape on the door below the face plate. There are 2 slots on the bottom of it. With a wide blade screwdriver inserted in one, twist the screwdriver and it will pop right off. Unplug it's connector and set it aside. The white bracket under it at the top of the opening is the bracket that holds the switches. It's common for the pins that hold the switch to break and the paddle won't make the switch. Bracket is about $10. The more challenging issue is if the tabs that hold the paddle break off. There is a factory fix kit for that. If that is the case, PM me for further instructions.

BTW, I sell appliance parts Big Grin

Picture of SIG 229R
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
ED5VHEXV009

Thanks!

One of two problems. One is easy, the other more time consuming. First, unplug the refrigerator. Alternately, you can remove the freezer door hinge cover and break apart the Molex connector under it, killing power to the door. The faceplate pops off from the bottom. Most of the time, I can pop them off without tools. If yours is difficult, put a strip of duct tape on the door below the face plate. There are 2 slots on the bottom of it. With a wide blade screwdriver inserted in one, twist the screwdriver and it will pop right off. Unplug it's connector and set it aside. The white bracket under it at the top of the opening is the bracket that holds the switches. It's common for the pins that hold the switch to break and the paddle won't make the switch. Bracket is about $10. The more challenging issue is if the tabs that hold the paddle break off. There is a factory fix kit for that. If that is the case, PM me for further instructions.

BTW, I sell appliance parts Big Grin

Where is the bracket available and is it safe to plug the Fridge back in while awaiting the part?

SigP229R