SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Are The Trees All Confused Where You Are By This Warm Fall?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Are The Trees All Confused Where You Are By This Warm Fall? Login/Join 
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
The White Brush and Cenizo Sage is blooming and the pecan trees are beginning to drop leaves, so I guess there is some confusion here.

Posts: 26893 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
Late here and the colors that there are, are muted.

Normal north to south progression of color is messed up, too.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3445 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
We should be into acorn season now but they have not started to fall yet. We don't get into leaf season until mid December.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3848 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We are in Chapel Hill NC. All green here but we went to Asheville last week and drove some of the Blue Ridge Parkway. When we got up near the 5500 ft. level it was just beginning to show. Very sparsely though.

Oddly this week back at home I was about to drop a fairly large sweet gum tree and decided to move a bird house in a nearby tree, just in case. Never seen any birds in so I thought it was time to move it. As I climbed the ladder and got up to it something small bolted out the entry hole and hid on the far side. I got up a little higher peered over the roof and a flying squirrel launched itself off the roof! It glided about 50 feet down the hill to another tree near a small creek. I then opened the door to the bird house and inside was Momma flying squirrel sitting on a nest all curled up.

I quietly closed the door removed the ladder and went in the house. Totally cool watching him glide away. Found out they are nocturnal which is why I never saw them until that day. Hope they are still up there!!

Posts: 137 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: February 23, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Cold tap water finally broke 70˚ since you began this thread. 68˚ this morning.

The coming weekend looks like the last hootenanny at the farm. Jeans and light long-sleeve tee shirt for me. Sunset 6:15pm

https://www.timeanddate.com/sun/usa

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 45_Auto
posted Hide Post
It's not only the lack of sunlight that effects the fall color, there are other factors. Here in NH the color isn't that great, very spotty. We had a very dry summer which is also a contributor. Here is an article on it:
https://www.accuweather.com/en...ther-affect-th/55171

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
A Veteran is someone who wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'Up to and including their life'.
That is Honor. Unfortunately there are way too many people in this Country who no longer understand that.

Posts: 2306 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: November 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post