SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Someone's advertising backfired against them
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Someone's advertising backfired against them Login/Join 
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted
Here in TN, some PAC has been paying for these awful ads that feature a toilet flushing sound and a rant about Diane Black (running for Governor).

I really didn't even know who she was - or care; but I got so sick of hearing these stupid ads that I decided to google her. I liked what I saw - she's very conservative for the most part and even berated other republicans for being too weak against the liberal dems.

So - an ad against her might have actually won her a vote. (I haven't looked up the other candidates yet, so can't say for sure).

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
Purely negative political advertising has always annoyed me. When the only connection to the campaign is the ending speed-read of "this ad funded by ronny joe bob for Senate"

Proof right there. Getting the other persons name out there instead of yours can backfire. Even if it is a slam ad.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post