SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    You know what’s good? Let me tell you what’s good...or...what did we do before Ranch Dressing?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You know what’s good? Let me tell you what’s good...or...what did we do before Ranch Dressing? Login/Join 
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted
Red seedless grapes drug through some ranch dressing.
I firmly believe you could put this stuff on dirt and it’d be good.
What have y’all found that pairs well with Ranch?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: hudr,

Posts: 6304 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I think its the butter milk which makes it so good. Someday I will make a huge toss salad and dump a whole quart of butter milk in it... Big Grin. Never tried Ranch on cold pasta salad as that usually gets a whole bottle of Italian.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BlackTalonJHP
posted Hide Post
Plain red seedless 4022 grapes, but they have to be the small spherical ones from Mexico. The giant egg shaped 'seedless' GMO grapes from CA or CO are terrible in comparison.

Posts: 1059 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 18, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jprebb
posted Hide Post
Funny you mention red seedless grapes. I had some tonight paired with fresh focaccia and feta cheese! Wow was it good.

JP

Posts: 2048 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BlackTalonJHP:

Plain red seedless 4022 grapes
If you are referring to the PLU code, 4022 is for white / green seedless grapes.

The red seedless grapes are 4023.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30658 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
The stuff in the bottle sucks. The kind you make with buttermilk is great. I like it on my corn on the cob along with butter. And I like alitle on my pizza.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
Yeah, home made ranch is dead nuts easy to make and SO much better. And no packets of mix or anything involved. Here's the recipe I use:
https://barefeetinthekitchen.c...anch-salad-dressing/

Make it once and you'll never buy it again.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Pizza crust with ranch is a good match

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11275 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
Mix some raw horseradish into some ranch and add it to a roast beef sandwich. It'll knock your socks off.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6042 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Toss a little on a ham and cheese sandwich.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8338 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Good Lord... you lost me on the 'raunch'.... dressing

probably drinks bud lite too....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Fried Green Tomatos

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34114 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
Good Lord... you lost me on the 'raunch'.... dressing

probably drinks bud lite too....

Well, taste buds differ (see what I did there?)
And no, the lightest beer I care for is Shiner.

Posts: 6304 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Tuna salad with Ranch instead of (forgive me) mayo.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Fried okra and Ranch...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AUTiger89:
Mix some raw horseradish into some ranch and add it to a roast beef sandwich. It'll knock your socks off.

YES, but do drink Beer or water....lot's of it.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Nothing. I genuinely hate the stuff.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spectemur Agendo
Picture of brecaidra
posted Hide Post
I make a chicken dish that involves Ranch, bacon, onion, spinach, mushrooms, and cheese.

SIGforum's triple minority

"It can't rain all the time." - Eric Draven

Posts: 16993 | Location: IA | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
Canadice is one of the best red seedless grape.

When I had a vineyard, I would eat them off the vine until I was stuffed. It is like your last meal.

Then the neighbors found them and several years later there was none left so I cut the whole vineyard down.

Made some good wine and learned a lot on that project. I had three rows with each row being 120 feet long. The vines were spaced every 8 feet and used the Geneva Double Curtain trellis method.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
The best deviled eggs are the dried chip beef, red onion, and green pepper chopped fine and Ranch Dressing added. Just don't wear any socks when eating these deviled eggs.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post