SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Missing child situation near Chicago gets infinitely worse...(Update)

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Missing child situation near Chicago gets infinitely worse...(Update) Login/Join 
posted
Missing since Tuesday night, she was found dead in her home by police about midnight last night. From the news conference just concluded, I'm going to guess that she was living in a gang-and-drugs hideout.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/...d20170427-story.html

This message has been edited. Last edited by: newtoSig765,

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Report This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Got M.O.A.B.?

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43879 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I understand there are only 14 of them left, so we have to use them sparingly.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Report This Post
Picture of Kadin
posted Hide Post
Something fishy is going on with that family. Who hires an attorney when their child is missing before they'll cooperate with the police?

Posts: 1848 | Location: Carrollton, TX | Registered: June 05, 2015Report This Post
posted Hide Post
It looks like the mother was trying to co-operate with the police, but others from the house were interfering. At one point, she was being interviewed in a temporary command center (trailer) near the scene and a relative was banging on the outside wall, yelling for the mother to stop talking to the cops.

The lawyer showed up later (back at the house, I think) and told the police to leave and not attempt a follow-up search of the house without a warrant. Based on eyewitness reports that the child was seen wandering off, a warrant was refused by a judge, but at some point the police gained access again and found the girl's body an hour later.

It gets uglier by the minute.

-- H L Mencken

-- JALLEN 10/18/18

posted Hide Post
And CPS declared her alive and well theee hours before she's reported missing?

Sad ending for Semaj. Can we assume a fine man named James is the sperm donor?

P229

Posts: 3825 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Report This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Russ59:
And CPS declared her alive and well theee hours before she's reported missing?

Sad ending for Semaj. Can we assume a fine man named James is the sperm donor ?

Ylbaborp

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29695 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
Animals!

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Report This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Very sad, cute little girl. I'll refrain from saying anything else.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20820 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Very sad, cute little girl. I'll refrain from saying anything else.

You don't have to, we all understand.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Another sad tale out of the south side of Chicago.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24108 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
For disclosure's sake, I am old, white, male, in other words totally deplorable.

Now with that out of the way, how can child protection services be in the house with the behavior and conditions reported by police from only two days before and say everything is hunky-dunk.

Was there really a CPS person on site or was this a for-file-purposes-only inspection. There were earlier reported dangerous situations that were inspected and found unsupported. This little girl appears to have been failed by family and support agencies and apparently reporting neighbors or others had their warnings ignored.

This would make Howdy-Doody sad.

Posts: 6390 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Report This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Even the southwest 'burbs aren't safe anymore.

That place has gone to hell.

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Report This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
DCFS has been investigating the girl's mother for alleged neglect, Calderon said.

“We have had prior contact with this family, including four unfounded investigations for neglect and two prior pending investigation for neglect opened in March 2017,” she said. “DCFS has been working with the family, offering services since September 2016.”

Well, that was certainly a good use of tax money....'alleged' neglect, 'unfounded investigations'

"Offering services" indeed. Roll Eyes

Posts: 15027 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
The evil in that story just continues. The house the girl's body was found in was burned to the ground yesterday, destroying any evidence of the crime, I would think. By the time the fire department got there, it was too late to save anything, and they just let it burn to the ground.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/...-20170506-story.html

-- H L Mencken

-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
When you see the pictures of that house, how in the hell was a child not removed immediately until that was cleaned up

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
My guess is the neighbors decided to make sure the squatting problem was solved, once and for all.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16088 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Report This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
I understand there are only 14 of them left, so we have to use them sparingly.

Seems like a very good place to spend one, or more.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Report This Post