SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What French soldiers think of ours, très intéressant.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What French soldiers think of ours, très intéressant. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Perhaps 100 years ago, their thoughts of our Marines and Doughboys were the same (after they got into the action) then too? Just thinking out loud thoughts by a grandson of a WWI vet.. Smile

Posts: 3202 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frog in boiling water
posted Hide Post
Great read. Thanks.

Posts: 429 | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig209:
I lol'd at this: "We seldom hear any harsh word, and from 5 AM onwards the camp chores are performed in beautiful order and always with excellent spirit."

Whomever wrote this has NOT spent any time, significant or not, around ANY American Soldier. Or a Marine for that matter. Wink

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
I may have teared up a bit.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one.

Posts: 8602 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
I may have teared up a bit.

Yeah, me too. But then having a grandson with 2 purple hearts, 100% disability and still on SF duty I understand.

We have had a number of Nate's team here at the house, and met more of them at Nate's house some years ago.

Their dedication to country, God, and family is incredible! Not to mention their dedication to each other.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post