SIGforum
What French soldiers think of ours, très intéressant.

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/9830008144

May 16, 2018, 05:47 PM
rat2306
What French soldiers think of ours, très intéressant.
Perhaps 100 years ago, their thoughts of our Marines and Doughboys were the same (after they got into the action) then too? Just thinking out loud thoughts by a grandson of a WWI vet.. Smile
May 16, 2018, 08:42 PM
pd15
Great read. Thanks.

May 17, 2018, 06:06 AM
SgtGold
quote:
Originally posted by Sig209:
I lol'd at this: "We seldom hear any harsh word, and from 5 AM onwards the camp chores are performed in beautiful order and always with excellent spirit."

Whomever wrote this has NOT spent any time, significant or not, around ANY American Soldier. Or a Marine for that matter. Wink

May 17, 2018, 06:51 AM
TigerDore
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
I may have teared up a bit.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one.

May 17, 2018, 07:07 AM
Elk Hunter
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
I may have teared up a bit.

Yeah, me too. But then having a grandson with 2 purple hearts, 100% disability and still on SF duty I understand.

We have had a number of Nate's team here at the house, and met more of them at Nate's house some years ago.

Their dedication to country, God, and family is incredible! Not to mention their dedication to each other.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter