SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Someone help me out here: what's not clear about "Don't post any of this riot stuff here"?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Someone help me out here: what's not clear about "Don't post any of this riot stuff here"? Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FHHM213:
I was basically curious as to why you thought that the rules would be consistently followed?
I don't think any such thing. As a matter of fact, there is no rule ever created which has never been broken.

But, I'm one determined sumbitch, and that's my answer.

Those who were around here a few years back (during the Obama administration) can tell you that I once succeeded in stopping all political conversation in this forum. That's the truth. There was a prohibition on all political or politcally-related topics (and even mentioning it in threads) for a period of several months- six months IIRC. Now, if you don't think that took a mountain of effort to achieve...

The same goes for our current circumstances, and as I said yesterday, we have made progress, and as of this time, there have been no further posts caught in the mod queue, whereas three days ago, the number which showed up in queue could rightly be called an "assload".

Just as with the previous prohibition on political discussion, there will come a time when this current prohibition is lifted. I don't know exactly when this will be, but it won't be as long as six months. Just have faith in my judgement.

Finally, you say you're bowing out of this discussion. You've said nothing wrong. You've said nothing in this thread which warrants your withdrawal. We are, after all, grown men, you and I. I'm not wounded by any of this and you don't have to walk on eggshells around me.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107518 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bump

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54612 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Hell I'm wondering if I should go stock up on Aunt Jemima syrup with the black lady on it and sell it in 20 years as an antique... Big Grin

Posts: 13097 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
Hell I'm wondering if I should go stock up on Aunt Jemima syrup with the black lady on it and sell it in 20 years as an antique... Big Grin

The bottle is polymer so it will probably not be collectible...

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
But, I'm one determined sumbitch...

That ain't no joke!

Posts: 1781 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mr kablammo:
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:

The bottle is polymer so it will probably not be collectible...

*snort*

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Speaking of collectibles, I found an original Song of the South LP, opened but still in shrink wrap from 1963. I had boxed it up in 1965 and forgot about it. 55 years in storage.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey Para, thank you for everything. My .02/cents (about what it's worth) is that I appreciate when you give us ignorant folks the benefit of the doubt. Not everyone sits at the key board all day. It's easy to miss something like that, if the forum gets enough posts it's on P2 pretty quick, and us part time - check in and say hi folks can easily miss something just like that.

BTW, you already deleted my earlier moniker as I was supporting someone who was argueing with you. At that time I didn't realize 2 things.

1st) Who you were. YOU started, created, ran, paid for, and maintained this board with a lot of sweat and work. I figured that out later:-)

2nd) About everything else.

Anyway, sorry for the earlier thing, and thanks again.

user formerly known as Billcoe Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jimb888,

Posts: 1920 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Spoke to a friend last night, and he was discussing current events, just bullshit I had no idea, no clue. Glad to see that shit kept out of this forum. The sheer stupidity out there (an all-time low), brought into here, would lower the IQ of this site by double digits.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16681 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
It does provide an opportunity for some diversion and noise free clarity, doesn't it?

Posts: 7253 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I just decided to read through this thread. It has been entertaining and educational.

Para has ripped me a few times, and I deserved it. Glad to still be aboard.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bump up, cause they
Still don' t
Get it

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54612 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Get your food prepped for the holiday. Amidst all this bullshit (thankfully banned here) let's focus on our Independence Day.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12623 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post