SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ring Doorbell/Surveillance Camera
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ring Doorbell/Surveillance Camera Login/Join 
Not One of
the Cool Kids
Picture of enidpd804
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark_a:
Just ordered 2 pro's. We have doorbells at the front and back doors.

Will probably add a couple of cameras at a later date.

Thanks for the coupon, I hope you get enough users to get a free camera or something.

Mark

That was met the first few days. Smile Now, I'm just hoping someone gets some good from the cameras.

Posts: 3911 | Location: OK | Registered: August 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by enidpd804:
**Posted with Admin Approval**

They gave me a $25 off coupon code for others to use. Here's the rub: If a whole bunch of people use the code, they send me free stuff. I can't in good conscious say I'm not affiliated with the company. I don't work for the company and make no money off of their sales. Still, I think it's a good product and I wanted to share.

www.ring.com

Coupon code: 44ringenid
There is no email address in your profile, so I'll ask here: Is the coupon code still valid? Your original post was back in March, almost nine months ago.

If the code is still valid, how do you use it? Do you have to buy directly from the Ring website? Or, can I order from Amazon, or buy at my local Ace Hardware store, and use the coupon? Is it used at time of purchase, or is it a mail-in rebate tune of thing?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30659 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anyone using it in very cold weather? Like we have here in the Yoop? I wonder about battery life in cold weather.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16085 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Anyone using it in very cold weather? Like we have here in the Yoop? I wonder about battery life in cold weather.

Mine seems to be going for a couple of weeks, although it's not that cold yet.

Posts: 20098 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
I have one and love it, with one exception- it takes too long to wake and connect.

Frequently I will get an alert and the video shows the back of a delivery guy halfway down the driveway, walking away.

I understand it takes time to connect and get online, but maybe locally buffer the video to have the time it takes to get transfer up covered.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10937 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:

My opinion, if there's a way to plug in you'd be happier. I have a stick up cam at work in an unheated entrance and I have to charge it every 5-6 weeks. You can check the battery status on your phone so as long as you remember to check it you're ok but you have to remember to check it. I'm going to run a USB extension through a grommet and into the front office so I can plug in inside and not worry about the battery. I have a stick up cam by my back door at home and I have an outlet nearby so I plugged it in with the supplied USB and an old iphone brick.

Posts: 3454 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Agree... Thanks. If I go it will the hard wired model.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16085 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anyone use have experience with their floodlight cam?

Posts: 621 | Location: WA  | Registered: June 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
I'm curious about the solar charger bracket for the Ring doorbell. I did enquire about it but as the product had just come out the Ring rep really wasn't all too sure about my doorbell directional orientation for getting a full charge from the sun. My home orientation is facing south and seeing that most front doorbells will be located up on the wall by the door, most homes have some sort of roof overhang possibly limiting full sun for several hours each day. She could see that as possibly limiting a full solar charge for a home that has a south or north facing orientation. If my home faced east or west, the solar charger would receive enough sun to keep a rechargeable battery on these devices properly charged. At least at this time I do get at least a 2 month charge off the doorbell battery. I am thinking about the newer doorbell that you only need to remove the battery pack for a remote charge instead of having to remove the whole doorbell off the wall to charge it. I'm good until the doorbells internal battery starts to hold less of a charge making more frequent charges. Nonetheless, I'm still happy with the doorbell after 15mos of use, it's still doing a great job. One of my better electronic gadget choices Smile

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by skyline009:
Anyone use have experience with their floodlight cam?

Have it and love it. The light is a two head LED that's very bright and the sensor is independent of the camera sensor. The motion sensing area for the camera section is very easily customized.

Posts: 3454 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I currently have an AudioTech door station (doorbell with audio) that I would like to replace with a Ring Pro. Is anyone familiar with how the wiring at the door station would connect to the Ring Pro by itself? I don’t want to integrate it with the AudioTech but just swap them. I assume there would be a 24Vac wire at the door station to power the Ring Pro.

Posts: 3953 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimineer:
I currently have an AudioTech door station (doorbell with audio) that I would like to replace with a Ring Pro. Is anyone familiar with how the wiring at the door station would connect to the Ring Pro by itself? I don’t want to integrate it with the AudioTech but just swap them. I assume there would be a 24Vac wire at the door station to power the Ring Pro.

I've no experience with the wired Doorbell, Ring does have great customer service and I'm fairly confident that they would be happy to answer any questions you may have regarding any of their products. Give them a shout!

Ring USA-1 800 656 1918

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post