SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ring Doorbell/Surveillance Camera
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ring Doorbell/Surveillance Camera Login/Join 
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ontmark:
Thanks

What is the stick up Camera video definition?

I love my stick up camera. I have it in the back yard so I can look in and see what my dog is destroying. I also bought the solar charger for the stick up camera and it works great.

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
What I like about the stick up cams is that when the motion activates an alert, if you do happen to be away from the home, you can still talk 2-way thru it as an additional deterrent to an unsuspecting person at the rear doors. At least according to the online video from their site. I'm considering one possibly.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not One of
the Cool Kids
Picture of enidpd804
posted Hide Post
Here's a video of a salesman who came to my door today. He couldn't get out of there fast enough after he realized there was a camera.

https://ring.com/share/2878032338

Naturally, I couldn't let him off the hook that that easily and had to inquire further.

https://ring.com/share/2878054042

Oh, so much fun to screw with these guys.

Posts: 3911 | Location: OK | Registered: August 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Is it possible to change the settings so one has less of a fish eye view??

Have not got mine up yet I have to make a little mounting block to bring it flush with the brick quoin so I don't lose the left approach to the house as that is here the walk is.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25420 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not One of
the Cool Kids
Picture of enidpd804
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3911 | Location: OK | Registered: August 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
stick up Camera

I have the 90 degree problem as well as my
current doorbell is part of the intercom system. They do have an angled mounting kit.

Costco has them for $169

Posts: 23439 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Do you know if the coupon code can be used more than once? Thinking about the floodlight cam too...

Posts: 13047 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not One of
the Cool Kids
Picture of enidpd804
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aeteocles:
Do you know if the coupon code can be used more than once? Thinking about the floodlight cam too...

I think you can use it as many times as you want.

Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
Does the Ring stick up camera require the doorbell or will it work independently? Checking out youtube vids the camera doesn't seem to have the fisheye thing going on. I'm thinking maybe I can skip the doorbell and mount a camera on the porch since the camera will alert me to motion and still has two way communication.

Posts: 3454 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not One of
the Cool Kids
Picture of enidpd804
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark60:
Does the Ring stick up camera require the doorbell or will it work independently? Checking out youtube vids the camera doesn't seem to have the fisheye thing going on. I'm thinking maybe I can skip the doorbell and mount a camera on the porch since the camera will alert me to motion and still has two way communication.

I'm pretty sure all of the devices will work independently. You might call customer service.

eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
quote:

It can be used independently. The benefit of the Ring Doorbell is the actual Doorbell function and that the camera sits at eye level. The fisheye thing is so that the camera can capture everyone's face even with the camera mounted at waist height (doorbell height).

Posts: 13047 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:

I am thinking about seeing if they will allow me to swap my Ring Pro for a stick up camera as making a mounting block that does not look like crap is a bit more of a challenge than I had expected.

————————————————

Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Going to be swapping out the RingPro for a stick up camera.
The mounting blocks I mocked up looked terrible trying to bring the ring out past the brick quoin. The only other option was to add trim around the entire door which would be too much of a pain.

Going to swap the RingPro for a stick up camera. As someone else noted before the motion activation will do the same thing.
Or if someone knocks I can just pull the app up.

Question in regard to the stick up cam and power. If using hard wired power does the camera automatically switch to battery and does the hard wired power charge the battery??

I plan on putting the camera next to the porch light and hard wiring it into the power from the light.
This is switched power though the porch light is on 99% of the time. I always forget to either turn it off or back on so it just stays on and now that LEDs take about zero power and last forever it is no big deal. Though sometimes the kiddos like like to go flipping switches at random so they'll get turned off. Just want to be sure it will switch over to battery if power is lost. Same if there is a power outage (modem/router on a battery backup) so that I can still record. The last two times the thieves have hit have been during thunder storms.

————————————————

eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Just installed my Ring Doorbell Pro last night.

The packaging and inclusions are very thoughtful. I was installing this in the dark with a headlamp after work last night, and I immediately dropped the plastic anchor. No problem, they included an extra.

Then I dropped a screw. No problem, they included an extra.

Smart people they have there.

You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
The standard model can be mounted anywhere. No wires needed. It runs on a rechargeable battery.
The Pro is a hard wired doorbell replacement.

Bruce

quote:

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Though others may be aware of this feature, I was not, and found out by fiddling around with the app. In the past I used to delete all my alert/motion videos by viewing the video and during playback delete with the little trash icon down in the menu bar and proceeded to the next for deletion. I found that when you look at the listed videos in the menu, if you use the tip of your finger to just flick the very right of the video in the list, it will slide back to expose a couple of options to use along with a delete tab for quickly dispatching those redundant daily videos quickly without having to click on them to view and deleting from the video. I usually get about 6-10 alerts a day between the wife out exercise walking the mailman and various others and this saves a little time. Most of you may know this feature but I thought I'd mention it for those that do not.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Oh cool. I hadn't noticed the swipe menu. Thanks J1T.

Not One of
the Cool Kids
Picture of enidpd804
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aeteocles:
Oh cool. I hadn't noticed the swipe menu. Thanks J1T.

I hadn't either. Thanks.

Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
Just ordered 2 pro's. We have doorbells at the front and back doors.

Will probably add a couple of cameras at a later date.

Thanks for the coupon, I hope you get enough users to get a free camera or something.

Mark

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
I ordered a stick up cam, thank you for the code. I'll add a couple more if I'm as happy with it as I expect to be.

Posts: 3454 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post