SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    An essay on Arab military ineffectiveness
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

An essay on Arab military ineffectiveness Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Tribalism, lack of format education and non-democratic government are the lynch pins in their current military failures.

But, let's not forget that the Egyptians in '73 Yom Kippur astonished the IDF in their Canal crossing and swift advance. They even had the brains to properly use new Soviet technology to inflict horrific losses on IDF Armour and IDF Aircraft (IDF grounded their Aircraft for a short while even). They came very close to wining (well, neither side could 'win' due to external patrons).

Had the Syrian's had some more junior officers with more self initiative, Golan would have gone the other way too.

Jordanian performance in '67 Jerusalem was excellent - IDF just was a little bit better.

The Brits, the Soviets and U.S. (and allies) still can't defeat Arabs in Afghanistan.

Irag had more to do with complete and utter U.S. / Coalition Forces Air Supremacy. Same results as in France '44, except the Germans put a better losing effort.

Although in one engagement as I recall, the Irag i Air Defense Officer had it set up and properly executed causing severe Helicopter damages against the U.S.

We're good at beating up on the Arabs. I hope we do not find out how good we are or are not at beating up on Chicom's, Nork's or U.S. Bolshevik scum (although I'll take my chances on the last).

-.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.-
It only stands to reason that where there's sacrifice, there's someone collecting the sacrificial offerings. Where there's service, there is someone being served. The man who speaks to you of sacrifice is speaking of slaves and masters, and intends to be the master.

Ayn Rand

"He gains votes ever and anew by taking money from everybody and giving it to a few, while explaining that every penny was extracted from the few to be giving to the many."

Ogden Nash from his poem - The Politician

Posts: 1687 | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by icom706:
The Brits, the Soviets and U.S. (and allies) still can't defeat Arabs in Afghanistan.

One main reason for this is most Afghans aren't Arabs. The are almost 100% Muslim, but only two or three of the 14 tribes are of Arab decent.

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
General Schwarzkopf summed it up about Saddam...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBW-eynkgpM

Posts: 2769 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post