Beto couldn't run with the big dogs

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/9810007264

November 01, 2019, 07:10 PM
synthplayer
Beto couldn't run with the big dogs
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
You know what his problem was, right? He wasn't waving his arms around nearly enough.

You may be right. I think I once saw his heels come off the ground an inch or two. Maybe juuust a little more arm effort might've done the trick.

I found what you said riveting.
November 01, 2019, 07:12 PM
RogueJSK
Wacky waving inflatable arm flailing tube candidate!

November 01, 2019, 07:30 PM
tatortodd
His FB page is almost as hilarious as November 9, 2016. So many morons shedding crocodile tears

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
November 01, 2019, 07:43 PM
nasig
good riddance. harris is next. another over rated lightweight
November 01, 2019, 07:45 PM
MikeGLI

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.
November 01, 2019, 08:09 PM
corsair
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
Someone on CBS television news mentioned a moment ago that Kamala had closed up three campaign offices as well....
This is about the time a whole bunch of them are likely to bail. Money's about gone and no support means adios. And I was so looking forward to Robert Francis showing up at my front door to demand I turn over my AR's. Wink

Positioning themselves to be in-line to secure a cabinet position and 'gift' their constituent's votes.
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:
Sad to see him go.

He was a great poster boy for exposing the lunacy on the left.

My thoughts exactly, the longer he (and some of the others) stuck around, the more it exposed the Left as the out of touch lunatics that they are.
November 01, 2019, 08:55 PM
2PAK
Buh bye Beto. ...
November 01, 2019, 09:51 PM
TigerDore
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
Who?

Oh, you mean Robert Francis O'Rourke. He should go work on Liawatha's campaign. They deserve one another.

So true. The fake Latino and the fake Native American.

November 01, 2019, 10:58 PM
tatortodd
Before he fades off into obscurity (fingers crossed), might as well make fun of hime one last time.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
November 01, 2019, 11:09 PM
medic451

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"
November 01, 2019, 11:25 PM
BBMW
I suspect that, unfortunately, Texans have not heard the last from Beto.
November 01, 2019, 11:40 PM
Puckpilot78
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:

Well, we can hope. He told Politico back in October “I cannot fathom a scenario where I would run for public office again if I’m not the nominee." But as trustworthy as politicians are I'm certainly not going to hold my breath on that one.

Mongo only pawn in game of life...
November 01, 2019, 11:41 PM
nighthawk
Yep his we are going to send the police to take your AR and AK’s is a real winner , will make him real popular in Texas.

"Hold my beer.....Watch this".
November 01, 2019, 11:52 PM
parabellum
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
I think he's going to fade into obscurity. The way leftists latch onto candidates because of their appearance is superficial and meaningless. This guy has nothing to offer, except that leftists noticed that he bears a vague resemblance to Robert Kennedy, so they looked at him and said "this guy looks like he's going places". That's all that this empty vessel ever had. Leftists are all about emotion and appearance, and not at all about reason and substance, and this is what you get when you follow that path- an empty suit who is actually foolish enough to say "Of course we are going to violate the Second Amendment and confiscate your firearms". Damn, son, you're anything but bright. Everyone knows that you weren't taking jack shit, just like everyone knows that Warren is full of shit up to the top of her pointy little head, with that fantasy Medicare "plan" of hers.
If he wants to get elected, he'll have to leave Texas, but even then, he's already been shown to be a big nothing. In a few years, he won't even be that. Except for being remembered for one of the most foolish stetements ever made by a leftist presidential candidate and having the clip of it played in NRA ads, he's done-for.

What people seem to fail to realize is that "Beto" ran for the Senate on being "Not Ted Cruz" and that a freaking ham sandwich would have gotten as many votes as he did.

Beto O’Rourke’s failed far-left presidential campaign makes him unelectable in Texas
November 02, 2019, 04:25 AM
synthplayer
quote:
Originally posted by mark_a:
So, he "worked" for 8 months, raised 17.5 million, spent about 14 million and has 3.6 million left.

Pretty nice payday...

I think Mark nailed it. The left over money, plus the chance of being appointed to some government position where he can sell out his constituents for a whole lot more money.

I found what you said riveting.
November 02, 2019, 05:30 AM
kramden
But wait...…...he knows how to do push-ups.
November 02, 2019, 05:42 AM
XinTX
Donors probably pulled the run because he was vocalizing their inner desire. To confiscate all privately held firearms (other than those held by the well connected) in the country. It gave the Repubs something to talk about come general election time. They just wanted him to shut up about it.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul
November 02, 2019, 05:54 AM
sig sailor
He said that it had become clear that he was not going to be candidate to run against Trump. Well damn son, that was clear to EVERYONE else months ago. What a moron.
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author
November 02, 2019, 06:11 AM
XinTX
Yeah, I think the odds of him winning the nomination and then the general election are about the same as me winning the lottery 6 times in a row. And I don't even buy tickets for the lottery.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul
November 02, 2019, 06:35 AM
NK402
quote:
Originally posted by nighthawk:
Yep his we are going to send the police to take your AR and AK’s is a real winner , will make him real popular in Texas.

He'll probably run for mayor of Austin. Enough lefties there now that he might have a chance.