SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    California teacher slams military members as 'lowest of the low' in classroom rant caught on video. *Update Pg.7 Report reveals pattern of stupidity
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

California teacher slams military members as 'lowest of the low' in classroom rant caught on video. *Update Pg.7 Report reveals pattern of stupidity Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Butch 2340:
Where do these people come from? He's a teacher yet he doesn't comprehend his world was created and secured by the U.S. Military? Ignorant.

He didn't think his ridiculous comments were going to be recorded by one of the kids in his classroom?

In this day in age, you've gotta assume every kid has a phone, and will use it to nail your ass the moment you piss them off. This guy takes exception to this kid wearing a Marine sweatshirt, then goes on a rant that the kid was able to record three separate times of him shit-talking the military and insulting family members who served.

Posts: 14573 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
since my last one didn't work I will try another here is his latest post.

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I think he really means he "can't care less"--is he too stupid to know that, too?

I'm a veteran, served 20 years both enlisted and commissioned, and have a Masters' Degree. I suspect I'm better educated than he is (and I'm darn sure smarter!).

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:
since my last one didn't work I will try another here is his latest post.

Source? I’ve googled this and have found no indication that this is real.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
That does not appear to be real.

Posts: 107260 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This despicable hater buried himself with what he actually said and truly believes. There is no reason to make up fake shit about him. The truth is far more indicting.

Posts: 2466 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Here is an old news article that details his past behavior in the classroom. Very consistent with his latest shitstorm. It would be logical to assume he has done this for years. It just happens he was recorded this time.

https://www.pasadenastarnews.c...dministrative-leave/

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16613 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
This guy needs a visit by some Marine drill sergeants out back behind the school.

Posts: 9002 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

+1

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:

+1

Honestly don't remember where I found it somewhere on fb or I googled his name

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Well, please be careful what you post.

Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
Nice to see that there are times actions have consequences. However, the school system may just wait for things to die down and quietly reassign him somewhere else.

Posts: 12167 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Reassign him all over the world, he'll never get away from himself.

He will drag his bag of bitterness around like a crap filled diaper everywhere he goes, for the rest of his life.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:

He will drag his bag of bitterness around like a crap filled diaper everywhere he goes, for the rest of his life.

Soon to be like that Adam Smith guy. I see food stamps and a RV in his future also.

Posts: 2675 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:

Oh, no doubt, I tend to believe in a leopard not being able to change its spots, I was simply wondering out loud.

Posts: 12167 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
Having several family members and friends, in real life and the forum, currently in the military or being veterans both alive and dead, it is clear that he is trying to project his own ignorance and stupidity onto people that would easily make him the knuckle dragging neanderthal he is claiming the military folks to be. On a positive note, I love how liberal morons continue to open their mouths clearly identifying themselves to those around themselves. They are quick to claim freedom of speech without first having considered that just like elections, speaking, especially ignorant speech, has consequences. In all his "wisdom", he clearly has not yet learned that life has enough pitfalls without putting yourself into a freefall, and this fool just base jumped from Everest without a parachute. Hitting rock bottom will be a painful lesson for him, and rightly so.

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Logic doesn't enter into these tantrums, of course, but someone should ask this imbecile just what he think would be the consequences of the United States disbanding its armed forces. What would be the consequences of the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard, etc, simply disappearing?

There's no chance that this myopic jackass would give an honest answer to such a question, but someone should shove it in his face anyway.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Logic doesn't enter into these tantrums, of course, but someone should ask this imbecile just what he think would be the consequences of the United States disbanding its armed forces. What would be the consequences of the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard, etc, simply disappearing?

There's no chance that this myopic jackass would give an honest answer to such a question, but someone should shove it in his face anyway.
I don't think he would be able to give ANY answer--I suspect he has the idea that life would go on uninterrupted, but probably with more government money available to fund his preferred projects. Liberals, in general, don't have much ability to consider consequences.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Associated Press, as reported by the Sacramento Bee.

http://www.sacbee.com/news/sta...rticle199825909.html

City council could seek resignation of anti-military teacher

PICO RIVERA, Calif. — A Los Angeles-area city council will consider a resolution Tuesday asking for the resignation of a councilman who bashed U.S. military service members while teaching at a high school.

Gregory Salcido is expected to make his first public appearance at the Pico Rivera city council meeting since making the comments Jan. 26.

Salcido has been on leave from El Rancho High School in Pico Rivera after video surfaced of him scolding a 17-year-old student who was wearing a U.S. Marine Corps sweatshirt. Salcido's office did not immediately respond to an email seeking comment on Tuesday.

The student recorded Salcido in a government class urging him not to join the military and referring to service members with a crude term for stupid.

"They're not like high-level thinkers, they're not academic people, they're not intellectual people; they're the frickin' lowest of our low," Salcido said on the recording.

"I don't understand why we let the military guys come over here and recruit you at school. We don't let pimps come in the school," Salcido added.

The video was posted to social media by a friend of the student's mother. It went viral and has drawn millions of views, along with outraged comments.

The resolution council members will vote on states that Salcido's comments "have placed our city under a cloud of dishonor, disparagement, suspicion and criticism," and that "taking such a drastic step is an effort to restore the positive image of our city."

Mayor Gustavo Camacho said Pico Rivera "was founded on the principles and values and sacrifices" of military service members.

Salcido is currently the city's longest serving council member. If he refuses to resign, according to the resolution, he will be censured, which will include the formal removal from city committee appointments as well as from any other positions, committees or boards for outside agencies affiliated with the city.

The mayor said he expects a big crowd at the meeting and he's determined that any member of the public who wants to address the council should have the chance to speak.

"We'll be there until midnight if we have to," he said.

Los Angeles County sheriff's deputies will provide security, officials said. Salcido and his family have received threats since the video was posted to Facebook.

Posts: 2768 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I'm glad to see threads like this pop back up, because it usually means good news, as is the case this time.

Happy now, loudmouth?

'course, a situation such as this shouldn't be any problem for a "high-level thinker" such as yourself. You'll outsmart everyone else, so...