SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What to do in Fort Lauderdale this week?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What to do in Fort Lauderdale this week? Login/Join 
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
I will be in Ft Lauderdale next week. Following this thread.

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
Ate breakfast at St. Bart’s this morning followed by a walk on the beach. Now heading to the Everglades.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
quote:
Originally posted by StorminNormin:
Well my wife did some searching and she wants to go eat dinner tomorrow night at Ocean2000. Anyone ever eaten there? She has already made reservations.

I've never eaten there. The menu looks very limited and very lackluster.

Good grief, it is very limited! That is where she wants to go though so we shall. Roll Eyes

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
Go to Yelp and check the reviews

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
Well my wife did some searching and she wants to go eat dinner tomorrow night at Ocean2000. Anyone ever eaten there? She has already made reservations.

I've never eaten there. The menu looks very limited and very lackluster.

Good grief, it is very limited! That is where she wants to go though so we shall. Roll Eyes

The food ended up being really good and the ambiance was great! I ended up having the beef filet and it was great. It was nice weather to sit outside and enjoy a dinner with my wife and watch the ocean.

Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
One thing I have not enjoyed about Florida are the speed limits and no shoulder on the side of the road. The drive to the Everglades was grueling as the speed limit was 55 or 35 everywhere. Roads that were 55 would be 70 in Texas. Oh well, that is minor as I have enjoyed my time here.

Tomorrow my wife and I will walk the shops, chill on the beach, and then go to the wedding we came here for. Back to Texas on Sunday.

posted Hide Post
quote:
One thing I have not enjoyed about Florida are the speed limits and no shoulder on the side of the road. The drive to the Everglades was grueling as the speed limit was 55 or 35 everywhere. Roads that were 55 would be 70 in Texas. Oh well, that is minor as I have enjoyed my time here.

Tomorrow my wife and I will walk the shops, chill on the beach, and then go to the wedding we came here for. Back to Texas on Sunday.

There is A LOT more traffic congestion here than in Texas, hence the speed limits. But I 95 and the turnpike are 65 mph. Alligator alley (I75) is 70 mph.

Glad you had a great dinner and are enjoying it here. Las Olas has nice shops to walk around in and some nice restaurants for lunch.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

There is A LOT more traffic congestion here than in Texas, hence the speed limits. But I 95 and the turnpike are 65 mph. Alligator alley (I75) is 70 mph.

Glad you had a great dinner and are enjoying it here. Las Olas has nice shops to walk around in and some nice restaurants for lunch.

Awesome, thanks for all the tips Jimmy! We will check it out. Asking for advice here has made for a better experience. I hate paying greater than $20 per person for breakfast at a hotel and I never would have found St. Bart’s without you guys! I love our forum!

Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x

It probably has to do with how Waze routed out my route as I told it to avoid tolls since we were in a rental. It had us take I-595 to 27 to 997. 997 was the worst and 27 had a major speed trap setup in their “variable” speed zone. I found it strange that on the way down there, there was a terrible accident with an 18 wheeler that flipped over just before the speed zone and only citizens were on the scene pulling people out of vehicles, yet one mile away there were at least 5 police vehicles in the speed trap sitting doing radar and not responding. Maybe they had not got the call yet.

Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig77:
I will be in Ft Lauderdale next week. Following this thread.

Not sure if you travel a lot and have rental reward points. I used to travel a TON and don’t anymore but have a lot of built up points still. I reserved a rental with Enterprise and used my points to get a luxury vehicle. When I got to the airport, I saw they had exotic cars. REALLY NICE EXOTIC cars! I absolutely would have used my points to get one, but they said you can only reserve those over the phone and not online.