SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Teenagers allegedly steal AR-15 from school officer's safe
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Teenagers allegedly steal AR-15 from school officer's safe Login/Join 
posted
https://www.wrcbtv.com/story/4...school-officers-safe

A couple of the more astute observations made in the article:

"Groups advocating against gun violence are questioning how the kids got into the safe."

"Beth Joslin Roth of the Safe Tennessee Project said she also wonders why an officer would have an AR-15 at school, given how imprecisely they are designed to fire."

Posts: 766 | Location: Southeast Tennessee | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
"Imprecisely"?

Beth, you're an ignorant tool.

And yes, why would an officer charged with the safety of the students have the best tool available to him to take on an armed assailant.... Roll Eyes

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Oh no Ms Roth - only at YOUR kids' school are there no firearms for protection, only whistles and phones.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
And rocks... Roll Eyes

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11052 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
"Groups advocating against gun violence are questioning how the kids got into the safe."

I would guess because their parents didn't raise them very well.

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
And rocks... Roll Eyes

Woah there, erj!

“Sticks And stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me”

They cant go around hurting people. Arm them with words!

Sooo much stupid from that “reporter”. But if you gotta push an agenda, you gotta push somehow.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8321 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Somebody needs to email some targets showing “imprecisely fired” groups from an AR to Beth Joslin-Roth so she can see how ignorant of facts she really is.

Not that it would do any good.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nasig:
quote:

I would guess because their parents didn't raise them very well.

Exactly this, but blame the gun because BLACK RIFLE BAD. It probably let itself out of the safe and left itself where children could find it.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
"Imprecisely"?

Beth, you're an ignorant tool.

And yes, why would an officer charged with the safety of the students have the best tool available to him to take on an armed assailant.... Roll Eyes

Perhaps it would be best if she would just be quiet, given how imprecisely spoken she is.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Being former studants, they may well be of age to be incarcerated as they probably were up to no good. Carelessness of the Guard also.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
Maybe they could pass a safe storage law for the school.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10860 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Beth Joslin-Roth: ""...not one that was designed by the military to kill them if you even knick them with it," she said"
Link

She's an expert, isn't she?

The news report mentioned this was an elementary school. I'd like to see pictures of the safe.

Posts: 10821 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tn226:

"Beth Joslin Roth of the Safe Tennessee Project said she also wonders why an officer would have an AR-15 at school, given how imprecisely they are designed to fire."

She most likely thinks it's a machine gun too. Roll Eyes

None of these anti-gun types know a single thing about what they propose to ban for the rest of us, it's amazing!

Posts: 33602 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
How come they didn't get a clue when the kids filed their application for a background check?

Posts: 6398 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:
Originally posted by Tn226:

I can't really blame Ms. Roth for holding that notion.

After watching so many movies and TV series wherein people fire hundreds of rounds at each other from AR's/M-4's, I have to take mine to the range for a couple hours to reassure myself as to their accuracy. Smile She might not have the same opportunity.

Posts: 15841 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beth you ignorant slut.

Posts: 5731 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Probably one of the sheet metal lockers that can be opened with a plastic fork.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog7972:
Beth you ignorant slut.

We know she is ignorant about firearms by her article, how did you determine she is a slut? Razz

Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking.

Posts: 4127 | Location: Metamora MI | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I get Bulldog7972's reference, a classic ad hominen argument from a running point / counterpoint skit on Saturday Night Live -- "Jane you ignorant slut."

Posts: 693 | Registered: March 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
The fallout from this one ought to be good...

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5540 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post