SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Raw foods, grains, nuts, beans, rice, dried fruits, plenty to have...
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Raw foods, grains, nuts, beans, rice, dried fruits, plenty to have... Login/Join 
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
Your the man Noah!! My wife is clicking away to order some hard to find items, she really likes to cook using a lot of unique spices, etc,

Thanks for posting...!

Posts: 3850 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
I have a question about Pine Nuts...why do they cost three fingers and a testicle?? Is it a supply/demand issue or is it the cost of growing/harvesting? Or both??

Oh...and pretty AWESOME offer, Mr. Noah! Thanks for the link and reaching out, sir!

They have to get them out of pine cones. (Really!)

I love pine nuts, but have only eaten small amounts very occasionally since an episode of "pine mouth" a couple of years ago.

It's this weird thing that happens rarely after eating a lot of pine nuts where you get a strong bitter metallic taste in your mouth... for two or three weeks. Everything you eat or drink has an underlying flavor of sucking on an old, tarnished spoon.

At the time it happened to me, they thought it was linked to a specific species of pine nuts that mainly comes from China, but more recent research seems to indicate it can happen with any pine nuts and they don't really understand why it happens.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
Huh...that IS weird! Eek

I only use them in salads, so my consumption level probably wouldn't cause what you had. Oh...and I knew they were harvested from actual pine cones, but dayum...they're more expensive than drugs! If I'm going to die from eating any kind of nut, it'll be sunflower seeds. You know the big bag of David's Jumbo?? Yeah...I could down that in a single sitting if I didn't stop myself.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
I love sunflower seeds, too.

My daughters' school is completely peanut-free and tree nut-free, but all the little kids (except the few who are allergic) love PB&J at home. The new, cool thing to take to school for lunch is a PB&J that uses sunflower seed butter instead of peanut butter. It's actually pretty tasty!

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Holy schmoly... Really nice site, Beancooker.

Lots of nice choices...

Just placed an order.

drendean

Posts: 48 | Location: Bagdad, KY | Registered: January 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maladat:
I love sunflower seeds, too.

My daughters' school is completely peanut-free and tree nut-free, but all the little kids (except the few who are allergic) love PB&J at home. The new, cool thing to take to school for lunch is a PB&J that uses sunflower seed butter instead of peanut butter. It's actually pretty tasty!

Yes sir. That would be sunbutter. It’s pretty awesome. We have it for sale too. Smile

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you. Order placed - hope this works well for all involved.

Posts: 542 | Registered: April 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mark1Mod0Squid
Picture of Sigolicious
posted Hide Post
My wife went hog wild. Then again we buy as much as we can in bulk because of living in the middle of nowhere.

Thank you.

Posts: 2027 | Location: AZ | Registered: May 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My order arrived today.

Thanks

Posts: 1060 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
Mine came today, too.

Good stuff!

Beautiful dried mushrooms, my daughters love the dried strawberries, everything looks great.

Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
My order arrived this evening. I know we’ll enjoy the Anasazi beans! Many thanks!

Posts: 26891 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Draal
posted Hide Post
My order arrived this morning and the Mrs. and I are enjoying the Grand Canyon Gorp at this very moment. AWESOMENESS.

I have nuts, figs,cranberries and other dry goods that I'm looking forward to sampling. That 5 pound bag of wheat bran is going to be used in some of my bread recipes.

Thanks!!

Posts: 164 | Location: Oak Park, IL | Registered: July 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
I'm super happy that there was something for everyone. We are getting orders in daily, and while smaller than normal, please check back if there was something we were out of stock on.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Strambo:
I'm deployed, tried to order but it didn't like the APO when I entered it as my zipcode, 09240. If you can ship to an APO, I'd be happy to order. I'm in Kosovo; most foods are pretty cheap on the economy but nuts are really expensive!

In any case, good idea to expand your direct to consumer sales and good luck!

I'm looking into this right now, and I'll let you know later today.

quote:
The “lol” thread

Not all who wander
are lost.
Picture of JohnV
posted Hide Post
Got my order too! These chocolate covered covffe beans are delicious.

Posted from my iPhone.

Posts: 4313 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: February 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Strambo it looks like our UPS system doesn’t ship to APO AE boxes. I’m sorry that I can’t ship to you.
Give me a couple weeks as this whole craziness unravels and I’ll see about getting it shipped to you by other means.

quote:
The “lol” thread

My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Bean, if you ship it to me, I will reship to the APO

Posts: 12917 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Yarchin:
Bean, if you ship it to me, I will reship to the APO

Let’s get this guy an order.
Strambo (I keep wanting to cal, you swimbo)
Email me your order and contact info.
You, me, and Jeff will make this happen on Monday.

Jeff, thank you so much. Email me your shipping address as I don’t have the box from the coffee you sent me.
As soon as Strambo gets me his order, it’ll be on the way.

quote:
The “lol” thread

My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Email sent. Happy to help.

Posts: 12917 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beancooker, any eta when a 50lb high protein flower will be back in stock?

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post