SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Raw foods, grains, nuts, beans, rice, dried fruits, plenty to have...
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Raw foods, grains, nuts, beans, rice, dried fruits, plenty to have... Login/Join 
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted
So making a long story short, I have been the GM of a company for the last four months. We primarily supply restaurants. Since last week and COVID-19, restaurant sales have dropped off.
We also supply direct sales to individual people at wholesale prices.

Para gave me permission to post a link to our website and I would like to offer this to all my brothers in the forum.
Feel free to see what we can supply you with during these crazy times.

Mount Hope Wholesale

If you have any questions or anything else, feel free to hit me up via the email in my profile.

Beancooker - AKA, Noah

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
I don't really need to stock up on emergency food, but it looks like you have a really great selection of all kinds of interesting stuff.

If nothing else, I make a few different Italian recipes that call for dried Porcinis and 33 bucks for a pound is maybe 1/3 the cost of the tiny little half ounce bags at the grocery store. Not to mention I'm a sucker for different kinds of dried peppers.

I will probably be placing an order soon!

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
You're a good man, Charlie Bean.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43859 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Thank you

Posts: 26892 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
Wishing you and your company the best in these difficult times...and thank you for making this opportunity available to forum members.

I was in a Safeway grocery store yesterday and noticed that, with their emptied shelves and coolers, that in one section of the cooler deli shelving they were selling large distributor bags full of soup, normally placed in heated pots for their customers to ladle into individual cups...and these bags were clearly labelled "not for retail sales", or something to that effect.

I know nothing about your business so this may be a foolish suggestion...but given the empty shelves in grocery stores and places like Walmart and Costco, have you considered selling directly to them?

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of D4Heavy
posted Hide Post
Thanks Noah, checking out the website now.

Posts: 397 | Location: Alabama | Registered: December 23, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
We're gonna need to change your forum name to "Beanseller". Big Grin

Posts: 32487 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
Noah
Thanks for the opportunity. We are always on the lookout for somewhat unusual grains etc.
We’re looking forward to trying them out.

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6311 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
Cool, Beans. I just placed an order. Thank you.

Posts: 4817 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not all who wander
are lost.
Picture of JohnV
posted Hide Post
I placed an order! Thank you much!!

Posted from my iPhone.

Posts: 4313 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: February 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Thank you for posting this.

Posts: 5693 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
Noah. Thanks, order placed. Been needing a few of these things!

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Modern Day Savage:
Wishing you and your company the best in these difficult times...and thank you for making this opportunity available to forum members.

I was in a Safeway grocery store yesterday and noticed that, with their emptied shelves and coolers, that in one section of the cooler deli shelving they were selling large distributor bags full of soup, normally placed in heated pots for their customers to ladle into individual cups...and these bags were clearly labelled "not for retail sales", or something to that effect.

I know nothing about your business so this may be a foolish suggestion...but given the empty shelves in grocery stores and places like Walmart and Costco, have you considered selling directly to them?

I imagine we could do this, but there are two issues at play. We are a small company. Big chain stores are going to want items for less than we pay for them, as they are used to buying in distribution center bulk. We wouldn’t be able to sell it for a loss.

We also have a sister company across the parking lot, and that is the retail grocery store. They carry a lot of the same items we do. So it’s been extremely busy just trying to repackage enough product to keep their shelves full.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Thank you to everyone who has placed an order.

I am happy to be able to share this with everyone here on sigforum.

quote:
The “lol” thread

Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:
quote:
Originally posted by Modern Day Savage:

I imagine we could do this, but there are two issues at play. We are a small company. Big chain stores are going to want items for less than we pay for them, as they are used to buying in distribution center bulk. We wouldn’t be able to sell it for a loss.

We also have a sister company across the parking lot, and that is the retail grocery store. They carry a lot of the same items we do. So it’s been extremely busy just trying to repackage enough product to keep their shelves full.

Thanks for taking the time to explain the situation.

I was thinking along the lines of short term agreement/ arrangement in which retailers, desperate to re-stock their shelves, might be tempted to use distributors outside their normal supply chain...but you would certainly know more about the margins and factors involved, and if the dollars and cents don't make sense Wink, then there is no reason to pursue the suggestion.

I've passed a link to this thread on to some family in the chance that they may need some things your company sells.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
dang -- out of the wheat flour

-----------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm deployed, tried to order but it didn't like the APO when I entered it as my zipcode, 09240. If you can ship to an APO, I'd be happy to order. I'm in Kosovo; most foods are pretty cheap on the economy but nuts are really expensive!

In any case, good idea to expand your direct to consumer sales and good luck!

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rebo
posted Hide Post
Order placed. Thanks!

Posts: 51 | Location: Lake Havasu, AZ | Registered: April 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Placed an order as well; thank you Noah!

Posts: 309 | Location: Nevada | Registered: May 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
No black beans? Dang!

I'll keep shopping the site... thanks, Noah! Wink

God bless America.

Posts: 13483 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post