SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Tucker Carlson - Where Does He Find These Morons
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tucker Carlson - Where Does He Find These Morons Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Carlson is an intelligent man. I hope that he wakes up and realizes that those attempting to view his progarm possess intelligence as well. As things stand now, it's just a big circus and I imagine he's in for a ratings plunge, once people get their fill of this nonsense.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107594 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Carlson is an intelligent man. I hope that he wakes up and realizes that those attempting to view his progarm possess intelligence as well. As things stand now, it's just a big circus and I imagine he's in for a ratings plunge, once people get their fill of this nonsense.

That's where I'm at right now. His show is currently the only one I'm watching, but I'm at my limit for obnoxious guests talking over Carlson and the second guest he sometimes has at the same time. Someone posted about a "mute" for the mic of the guest--past time. Never thought I would say this, "I miss O'Reilly."

Posts: 13260 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
I thought Carlson's comment early in the interview, "I'm not going to let you filibuster past my question.", was quite appropriate, but then he doesn't follow through.

Posts: 4818 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

That's where I'm at right now. His show is currently the only one I'm watching, but I'm at my limit for obnoxious guests talking over Carlson and the second guest he sometimes has at the same time. Someone posted about a "mute" for the mic of the guest--past time. Never thought I would say this, "I miss O'Reilly."

Since O'Reilly's departure, I haven't watched anything on FNC's primetime lineup with any consistency. I just don't go out of my way to watch any of it. I like Tucker, I like him a lot, but his show does absolutely nothing for me.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
We don't watch either. It comes on while we are at dinner. My wife refuses to watch.

I have Fox News or Fox Business on all day, until Martha MacCallum goes off the air, then thank God for Ranger baseball, or American Heroes. I'd take Astro baseball, but that isn't one of the choices here.

I've watched more baseball games in the last year than in the previous 70.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
English 096: This course is designed to enable students to write at a college level. By teaching students to apply the writing process, introducing them to the principles of rhetoric through logical analysis of expository writing, research techniques and modern language association rules for documentation.

I realize that I am an old fart, but having said that, when I was in school we were light years ahead of school students today, at least in our use of the national language.

Papers we were required to write in every class were graded based on content, grammar, spelling, etc.

I spent a year teaching at a HBCU courtesy of IBM. This was back in the early 1990's, and what I found there with respect to use of our national language was incredibly incompetent.

And it has not gotten better with age.

That idiot woman is positive proof.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
I read through the thread... and I'm going to take a different tack on this.

Yes, she's a moron but I find myself somewhat in agreement with both of them. I would just like for each of them to acknowledge the truth of what the other is saying.

She's saying:
1. Freedom of Association: You ought to be free to associate with whom you want, even to the exclusion of others. She mentioned excluding children from wedding receptions. That's fine.
She wants to exclude people based on race. I have no problem with an all black event, I just want the same treatment.
Would she be OK with all white events?

He's saying:
2. Exclusion based solely on race is racist. It's true. I would like her to acknowledge that. It may be a bridge too far to ask her to say it's OK.

I think where we have to draw the line is between private association, on private property (free to exclude) and public association (not free to exclude).

The Missouri Athletic Club, a private club, used to be all male. They started taking a lot of heat in the media for not allowing females and they caved... with the first female predictably a black female. I have no problem with the club being all male, or allowing females... it's up to the members of the club.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
I don't have Fox News anymore, but have seen plenty of these Carlson clips. Seeing him go against mental midgets every night is, after a couple of times, about as exciting and valuable as watching a baseball player in batting practice.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

that said, I have a finite tolerance for idiots. I'd appreciate the occasional intelligent, productive discussion on Tucker.

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm in total agreement with justjoe and Para: Tucker needs to debate worthy opponents, not just the nightly whackos. The show has slid quickly into farce. And have better guests, that aren't necessarily there just to endlessly debate.

Posts: 1071 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
The Missouri Athletic Club, a private club, used to be all male. They started taking a lot of heat in the media for not allowing females and they caved... with the first female predictably a black female. I have no problem with the club being all male, or allowing females... it's up to the members of the club.

Hmmm...

Sounds a lot like Augusta.

Posts: 20100 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Where does he find idiots?

He in NYC. You can't swing a stunned sewer rat without hitting a stupid person.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31443 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Watters finds them.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
English 096: This course is designed to enable students to write at a college level. By teaching students to apply the writing process, introducing them to the principles of rhetoric through logical analysis of expository writing, research techniques and modern language association rules for documentation.
The second "sentence" is not a sentence, it is just a long introductory clause. The text would make sense if the first period (".") were removed and the first word that follows ("By") were written with lower case ("by").

This statement is a poor example of good writing.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not One of
the Cool Kids
Picture of enidpd804
posted Hide Post
Normally, I have no desire to watch people argue. I've spent enough time doing it in real life, but I'm cool with Carlson bringing in the lowest common denominator and giving them a platform to espouse their stupidity.

Posts: 3911 | Location: OK | Registered: August 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
I am in the same boat. I like Tucker but can no longer tolerate listening to these idiots that talk over him or just ignore his questions. Hell, that is probably 75% of his guests. I DVR his show now and just fast forward through the loonies. He does have some interesting segments and those I listen to.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5040 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
quote:
've watched more baseball games in the last year than in the previous 70.

Totally understand. I watch Bret Baier, or rather record it for later viewing. That's it. I might start watching FBN, especially Neil Cavuto.
BTW Martha is quite good.

Posts: 18068 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[quote]The second "sentence" is not a sentence, it is just a long introductory clause. The text would make sense if the first period (".") were removed and the first word that follows ("By") were written with lower case ("by").

This statement is a poor example of good writing.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Yes. Thank you.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.

Martin Luther King Jr

Rant on;

My old man taught me, my brother & sister this as kids. This practice has done us more then well over our lives. I could not even begin to relate in any way the separatist,hateful,bullshit she is spewing. She had a agenda to relate because she was going to be on national TV. And a lot of black folk feel the same way I'm sorry to say. BUT, a lot of black people feel and carry themselves as I do. I honestly got pissed listening to this bit..witch. My grandfather was a baptist preacher on the Louisiana Texas border in the late 40's, early 50's. He saw some shit. He believed in judging a man by how the man was a man. His words. Even though he always had a revolver in the small of his back. Smile Not this BS that's going on nowadays. Sorry. Mad

Rant off;

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7656 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tucker had a good show last night, and I enjoyed it. He is no one's fool.

Posts: 6619 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post