SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Just heard R. Lee Ermey passed away
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just heard R. Lee Ermey passed away Login/Join 
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Fair winds and following seas Gunny.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11246 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Student of Weapons Craft
Picture of Exodus
posted Hide Post
Loved his work. Was proud of his service and advocacy.

Semper Fi Marine.

Carry on...

In Heaven.

Posts: 257 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
May you be 3 days in heaven before the devil knows your dead.

"Dyin ain't much of a livin...boy"

Posts: 316 | Location: West (By GOD) Virginia | Registered: November 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Go
Full Retard
Picture of MitchbSC
posted Hide Post
Well shit. Gunny, rest easy or kick ass and take names in the Great Beyond.

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Posts: 4797 | Location: SC | Registered: January 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fuimus
posted Hide Post
One of a kind. RIP Gunny.

Posts: 5369 | Location: Ypsilanti Township | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
The first half of Full Metal Jacket is my favorite all time. I can easily recite from memory the entire first scene of him introducing himself to the recruits.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Gone too soon Gunny. I will miss your to the point approach sir. RIP.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10895 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GGF
posted Hide Post
I met him at NRA conventions and big gunshows.
He always had a cup of coffee with him and a moment to talk to you and time to get a pic with the "Gunny".

"I WILL motivate you Private Pyle ... if it short ***** every cannibal on the congo!"

So many good lines.

GGF

Posts: 698 | Location: Indiana | Registered: January 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
RIP, Mr. Ermey. Frown

Posts: 15001 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Damn. He was a cool guy. I shook his hand at the NRA show last year. He was there signing autographs and I stood in line just to shake his hand and give him a Semper Fi. I have been a fan since Full Metal Jacket and loved his show on History Channel. His advocacy only made me like him more.

He will be missed.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
RIP Gunny. Thanks for your service and for being an unabashed role model.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
He made the world a better place.
RIP sir.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tgun45
posted Hide Post
The world lost a very good man today. Frown RIP and Semper Fi Sgt Ermey!

Posts: 2049 | Registered: January 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
He was the spitting image of a friends father. Retired as a Gunny in 1984, three tours in Vietnam, tough as nails, took no shit. My friends mom told him in no uncertain terms he WOULD NOT join the USMC. (He ended up joing the Navy). Everytime I came home on leave Mr. Murphy shook my hand and gave me a hug. I would swear him and R. Lee were brothers. Gunny Ermey always reminded me of Mr. Murphy.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
THE SIGGUY
Picture of SIGGUY (THE 1ST)
posted Hide Post
A sad day.

-------------------------------------------------------2/28/2015 ~ Rest in peace Dad. Lt Commander E.G.E. USN Love you.

Posts: 5292 | Location: Great State of NH | Registered: January 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
RIP Gunney. I count myself fortunate to have met him at the Nashville & Louisville NRA Conventions in 2015 & 2016. A true icon & champion of our 2nd Amendment rights has passed. A sad day for all who cherish our RKBA.

Posts: 374 | Location: The Dark And Bloody Ground | Registered: July 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Met the Gunny a few times at SHOT Show...ALWAYS a fun interaction, with some joking around and the obligatory photo.

Few years back during SHOT we ran into each other in a hallway one evening. We ended up sitting in a couple of chairs by the elevators and chatting for about 20 minutes.

I will always cherish that visit.

RIP Gunny Ermey and Semper Fi

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
RIP Gunny

Posts: 190 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: January 19, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I never met him. I would see him at the Glock booth whenever I attended NRA conventions and didn`t want to spend time waiting. I would however stand back about 20 feet and watch his interactions. From that alone I could see he was a sweet man. We will miss that.

Posts: 66 | Location: Kansas | Registered: September 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
One of the best.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post